2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the going rate for a pre made deer stand? 4x8 or 4x4 , plywood or sheet metal, I would like it to be 4 to 6' off the ground. I usually build my own, but my stand died, and I don't have a lot of time between now and season. Please list price and location. I am in the Angleton Area

·
Registered
196 Posts
Atascosa blinds are about the best pre made stands you can buy. They are made of metal and they are insulated. Academy is now selling them (at least in Victoria). They have good sliding windows and good doors.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I had this one custome built and took delivery of it last Saturday. Perhaps I paid too much ($570), perhaps not - but it is a well made blind and should last me for many years. I can't do poop myself when it comes to building things (sad considering my Dad is a retired master cabinet maker).

This one was 4x6, camo paint, full size door, shelves on the inside, 4' platform, framed with 2x4's and all plywood. It was built by Clay Cain in Greenville, Tx. (cainoutdoors.webs.com)

Earl

diveback said:
What is the going rate for a pre made deer stand? 4x8 or 4x4 , plywood or sheet metal, I would like it to be 4 to 6' off the ground. I usually build my own, but my stand died, and I don't have a lot of time between now and season. Please list price and location. I am in the Angleton Area

Attachments

·
Registered
579 Posts
I'm anchoring it this weekend Timmon. Didn't have room for the stuff I wanted to do it with last weekend and the blind in the back of my truck :)

I had eyebolts fastened to the legs for anchoring.

I think it was either this forumn or THF that mentioned the method I'm going to use. I'm going to put 4 80lb bags of cement between the legs and 3/32" cable under the bags, open the bags up, mix w/water, then attach the cables to the eyebolts when the cement dries.

Might not be especially pretty but it should work, be easy to do and remove.

Earl

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice. My blind sits right over a flat section of limestone so I'm gonna get the Hilti rock drill from the office and drill me a couple of holes in the rock and hammer in some rebar at an angle and secure cable lines with a turnbuckle. Sound a lot easier than it is i bet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts