2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would share some deer pics from the last two weekends at our ranch. The deer have started moving a little better the last couple of weeks. This past weekend the deer seemed to be in full rut which is the earliest I have ever seen them in full run in the almost 20 years we have had our ranch. Here are some pics of some management deer we killed Thanks Giving weekend. The next post will be this past weekend

Attachments

·
It ain't easy bein me.........
13,528 Posts
Excellent mgmt deer. What county are you in? I'm in Maverick and have seen some half hearted chasing. We're a little ways away from the rut. Be sure and post the trophy pics!

·
Professional Salesman
9,758 Posts
Those little fellas (boys) and big fellas (bucks) made me smile. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We are in North East McMullen county. Here are a couple of pics of the little guys in the stand trying to stay warm this past weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
Have you ever tried to use your Weimeraner to track? In Germany that was one of the traits they bred for. Try it sometime if you can get her excited about it.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats not a weimeranger, or how ever you spell it. That's my blue lacey pup Scout. I got her for the sole purpose of tracking. She is 10 months old and has already done 7 or 8 easy trails and 2 long ones. One 250 yards and one about 600. I put her on every blood trail I can. We do a lot of bow hunting so there are always trails for her to practice on. She is already to the point where I don't think we will lose any mortally wounded deer. She still has a lot to learn, but I can't imagine how awesome she will be in a couple of years.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Nice deer. Better yet, very nice that you're getting the kids involved. I'm working on my grandkids now. Keep it up.

·
Registered
60 Posts
nice management deer, was just going to ask if that was a Blue Lacy. I have a 1Yr old Male. My son has a 2 yr old female. Best and smartest dog i have ever owned. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts