2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1 Wife, 4 Daughters, and a Female dog
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I am wishful thinking here, but dont know what else to try. I am not into big trophies, nor am I wanting a buck. I just want to get a doe so I can make some deer jerky, and sausage. I have looked all year at a lease, but man thats way to high for me.

Is there anyone out there that can help me out, or point me in the right direction as to where to get a doe. A day hunt would be ideal, and I dont mind paying for it, just dont want to pay $500 or more for one doe. I live in Brazoria, and am willing to travel. but obviosly do not want to run down to the valley for a day hunt. 200 miles is possible.

Thanks

·
Banned
8,277 Posts
Take a ride through Bar X and stack a couple, I know it is illegal, but that is what the locals do. rs

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
you can hunt a couple of hundred thousand acres of National Forest for $40. Should have put in for the doe hunt up there, its free and sometimes they give you another after you fill the first one.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Check out the Eberly Ranch in Chappel Hill. They are a site sponsor as well. I believe they had a 150.00 doe special. Tell them Larry White sent ya. They are my wifes relatives.

Good Luck

LW

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Check out the Eberly Ranch in Chappel Hill. They are a site sponsor as well. I believe they had a 150.00 doe special. Tell them Larry White sent ya. They are my wifes relatives.

Good Luck

LW
Wow, just checked out their site, that is cheap and it is within an hour of Houston. It has been so slow at our place I may have to go out there for a doe hunt just to put more meat in the freezer.

http://www.eberlyhunts.com/html/price_list.html

·
Registered user of Live bait
177 Posts
I think if I calculated all the time and money I spend every year $500 and 200 miles is pretty cheap for a doe. "Relativley speaking"

·
Registered
57 Posts
Somone posted earlier, about deer processors selling off orders that haven't been picked up, maybe that would be a cheaper option!
BB

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Ill be on a management doe hunt this weekend where I can take as many as I want for $100 a pop. Let me know if your interested and ill try to pop one extra. $100 and she's yours.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts