2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
TxDuSlayer
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone deer hunt in the Yorktown or Smiley area? What's a typical deer rack out there? Buck too doe ratio? What's average body weight? Are there any turkeys in that area. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
207 Posts
My Exotic ranch is in yorktown Tx. The wild deer are not that big and you don't see that many deer period. The locals have hunted them hard over the years and I have caught plenty of road hunters

·
BROWNIE
27 Posts
yorktown

I hunt out of yorktown to the southwest. We have what I would call plenty of deer. We have a 6 or 8 doe to 1 buck. The bucks are 6-8 point and some better, 16" to 18" with them being about 120#. There are quite a few turkeys and a lot of hogs. Last year on opening weekend I counted 43 deer in 4 different sittings.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hunted in that area about 10 years ago with a friend, it was pretty thin hunting, if they saw a buck you were happy. The poachers were bad, I think it was mainly a beer lease.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I hunted in Nursery. We had lots of turkey, hogs and smaller deer. Lots of hunting pressure in the area I was in.......but I love that part of Texas.

·
Banned
1,800 Posts
dang, all of y'all long time hunters/residents... know the Murissee/Kirchoff bunch? if so, that's who I am...

·
Registered
79 Posts
I killed this 8 point on a lease in Waelder last year. He was 1 of 2 bucks I saw all season! Needless to say, we didnt re-lease the place.....not a bad part of the country though.

Attachments

·
Registered
601 Posts
I hunt in Cost area, typically see 5-10 deer each sitting with two or three of them being bucks, hunted two years on the lease and killed 2 eights, one scoring 118 and the other scoring 131, seen bigger bucks later in the season but had already killed my buck, in my opinion Gonzales county is the best whitetail hunting in the immediate area for trophies. Neighbor killed a ten that scored 152" last year and a nine that scored 140" the year before that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.