2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for an RC truck / dune buggy for my son (9yr) for Christmas. Don't want to spend over about $75-100. Have gone the Walmart/ToysRUs route in the past and got what I paid for. PepBoys has one for $150 that looks really cool but don't really trust PB's. Would be using it in the yard and on culdasac, not racing or anything like that. Want it to be fairly fast so it is fun. I kow I'm asking for good and cheap which usually don't go together. sad_smiles

·
Banned
4,251 Posts
Check out the Traxxas Slash………you can get them for $150-175'ish.

Durable as hell and even raceable!

·
Banned
4,251 Posts
I've seen that thing in the store, and it was $200+ when it came out, it's a very good brand, and it's HHHUUUUGGGEEEE!!!!

·
Banned
4,251 Posts

I know they had one of these at Larry's Hobbies last time I was in there.

And Victory R/C will usually match Amain's pricing for most items.

·
US Army Aviation NSDQ!
3,716 Posts
Come see us over at Randy's Hobbies. We are on 249 and Grant road just north of 1960, we will get you set up with something. We have a few trucks in your price range, and a few that are just a little more, that your son will be very happy with.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I saw the truck advertised at pep boys and it is a Traxxas Stampede with charger and battery for 159. That is a good deal for that truck, but remember, pep boys isn't going to have parts and stuff. Try looking at Randy's or Larry's, it's good to have help after the purchase when needed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts