2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
23,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you unable to attend, Debbie received a very special sendoff this morning in a very touching service. It began with a slide show and ended with bagpipes and in between was some of the most beautiful music I have heard in my life. Several of the family gave personal tributes to a fine lady that frequented here. There wasn't a dry eye in the church when a letter from one of Steve's daughters to God was read. Debbie is with God now, still doing the Lord's work. It was an honor to know her.

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Glad Everything Turned Out So Well...

I am happy that you went. Thanks for representing those of us who couldn't make it. If I was there and heard those bagpipes, Id'a started a boo'a whooo'in. CF?

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,428 Posts
It was a very beautiful service for Debbie, one that I will never forget.....The singing talent was outstanding, the personal tributes were tear jerking to say the least.....

The get together at Cheers was wonderful also, all the food was great, the folks I met were very nice, and Steve said that the drink tab was on Debbie, the tears started flowing when he made a speach to all his and Debbie's friends..... Legate and Coolchange hooked into the sound system and was putting out some good music, there were quite a few TTMBer's attending and having a good time......

From what I saw today, I can only say, Debbie Mountain you are a very loved person.......

·
Registered
663 Posts
Yes, it was one of the more

touching services that I have been to. Debbie, you will be greatly missed! Our prayers are with you and your family.

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Every one above has just about covered it. Special thanks to those who did the awsome food and David and Rick, you guys were in fine voice tonight.

Cheers is a great place. The building may be "tatty" as Steve put it by once you get inside, the people are REAL. I enjoyed the place and it's regulars very much. I'll be going back there, count on it.

Steve we are all still here for you, anything you need, any time. That never changes. God bless you.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I was doing real good until Steve's brother spoke

When the handkerchief came out of his pocket...it was just too much. I tried my best to be the tough guy us men are supposed to be...but I was overcome with emotion and I wept.

My knowledge of Debbie rests with a brief conversation we had on the beach..along with her singing "How Great Thou Art". As I've said before, it didn't take long to realize that her strength is rooted in the Lord. When you meet someone as special as she, that's all it takes.

While the world might suffer from her abscence....Heaven is today all the more richer! She now walks on streets of gold and any and all pain and suffering for her is now a thing of the past. Those streets of gold are shining brighter now that she is there.

Steve, while I've only met you briefly as well, take comfort in the thought that the family here at TTMB will be here for you...whatever you need.

Sure wish I was better at saying this in person.

Rex

·
Charter Member
5,923 Posts
Up until the time Pat and I left the reception, I counted 19 TTMB'ers that either attended the memorial or stopped by the reception after work.

I thought that was a great representation of just one of several "circles of friends" in Steve and Debbie's life.

We were proud to be a part of it.
Mike and Pat

·
Registered
447 Posts
A sad day for one of ours, but what a great service !!

Unfortunately, i have been to too many funerals lately, but Debra's was exceptional. From her nieces and nephews singing,to the words spoken by her sisters and brothers,and Steves brother, it was hard to hold a tear. I sure couldn't.. Nor did i want to.. As i looked at the pictures they had of her through her childhood, and the spoken words of her love for Steve, I couldn't imagine his loss, or his pain.. Walking out of the church to the Bagpipes playing "Amazing grace" was my undooing.. Meeting all of his friends at "cheers" and performing for them as he asked was my pleasure. Having Rick along side sure did help.. I may not be much of a spiritual person, but apparenty Debbie and her family were.. The words that were spoken of here love for God and her readiness for death were comforting.. She was truly a wonderful lady, and is surrounded by a wonderful family and God.. We should all be so lucky.. Peace...

·
What was I supposed to Member??
2,873 Posts
what a beautiful service, i know debbie is honored. the song that her nephew wrote and sang for her blew me away, as well as her friend that sang "i can only imagine". that was really touching when they played the tape of debbie's late father singing. it was great to see such a good turn out from TTMB, i think it ment a lot to steve. it just makes me so sad to know what he is going through, and will go through for a long time. we all need to keep him and his family in our prayers.

trudy

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I was sorry to have missed the Memorial Service, but I caught the last few hours at Cheers. I only got to meet Debbie a few times, but they will/are treasured memories.

Steve and I had a wonderful chat yesterday and I know he still has the pain, but from hearing him, he's much more at ease now. Thanks be to God!

Steve, have a wonderful trip and remember when you return, there are many of us here for you if and when you need anything.

Don

·
When it rains, I let it.
2,861 Posts
I have to agree with you. It was such a celebration of life!

Anytime you need anything, Steve, let me know!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Debbie's Circles

I have the honor of being one of Steve and Debbie's closest friends or more properly said one of the many close friends.

One of the numerous thoughts on Steve's mind has been circles which he identified as Professional, Fishing, Neigh Hood, Work, Family, Social, and Ladies of Friendswood.

I just wanted to thank all you Circles for the overwhelming help and support provided over the past few days. It was a pleasure meeting such great people.

Privileged and Honored Friend

Richard Pias

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,428 Posts
Richard, we at TTMB thank you for making a special trip to this forum to tell us your thoughts..... We all love Steve and will be here for him as long as he will have us.... The circles thing he spoke of at Cheers was the best speach I've ever heard, and I know all of his circles mean alot to him.... Thank you Richard for the kind words, we will be here for you too if you ever need us.......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts