2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the current crab count by boat on the Deadliest Catch series ?

this is the last one i could find, for episode 20, Pribilof Stare

Crab Count:
The Maverick: 112,000 pounds
The Rollo: 76,000 pounds
The Time Bandit: 72,000 pounds
The Cornelia Marie: 51,000 pounds
The Northwestern: 10,000 pounds

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
From the way the annoucer made it sound this will be the last episode ever, I hope thats not true. :(

·
Banned
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Last Episode Of The Season Or Forever ?

Last Episode Of The Season Or Forever ?

k.schackai said:
yep Last Episode

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
since this show has been on the air, haven't they changed the entire system on their catch?

seems like they went from a derby style season to a quota style season...based on safety concerns, and likely from the extra hype generated by the show.

maybe the captains figured the potential loss in revenue wasn't worth having their fishing seasons on the air anymore?

·
Registered
410 Posts
The commercial for tonights episode says "season" finale, not "series" finale. It goes on to say "final powerful episode of the series critics call..." Sounds like it will be back for another season. Trying to verify on Discovery Channel website but it doesnt really say... Good show. My wife thinks I'm crazy cause its a job I always wanted to try.

SDS

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
StinkBait said:
Great show, Capt. Sig & the Northwestern crew are my fav's
But of course, those dudes are crab catching machines!

On the discovery site, somewhere on there, I saw "As season 2 ends, tell us what you would like to see in season 3" so thats good news. Hard to believe they would not continue on with such a popular show.

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
I hope there are more seasons to come, but departing from the derby style has caused the show to lose some of its luster. On the otherhand i notice some captains are more cautious now and take less risks than they probably would.

·
aka Salty Nacho
4,426 Posts
I love this show. I thought it would make for a boring show since they moved from the derby style, but the weather sure has taken care of that. I'm disappointed this is the last episode of the season, though. Seems like just last show everyone was still trying to dial in their pots. And the Northwestern just started catching crab.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I like that show too, but no way would I like to try to be a deckhand. Make me Captain, now your talking. At least you are dry and warm. The Northwestern are some fishing fools. I think Sig has got to be on something. Did you see the episode where he was up 36 hours??? No way without some magic dust.

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
Did anyone see the look on the crew of the Rollo when they pulled the cover off the crab tank? Their delivery quota was 50,000lbs and it looked as if they were 20,000 over. What a bunch of DA's, cannot keep an accurate count of the crabs and the Capt. Erick he is goofey. Doesn't run a very tight ship.

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
He looks like he smokes the left handed cigs!! The deckhands still made $20k

How about the Northwestern. $45k for the deckhands after the opie and cod fish seasons!!

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
Capt Rick Quasnick of the Midwestern looks like he is a no nonsense, I will kick your rear kinda of guy, but when his wife shows up he turns teddy bear. He can haul crab though.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yeah, he fired that dude for going to the bar during offload.
Sig is da man
Capt Eric & the Rollo crew are the young, MTV type goofballs
Capt Rick & Phil are some ornery old curmudgeons
They're all crazy but rich
and whatever happened to the praying Capt. from season 1?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts