2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who knows of someone who has the snakes and electric collars? Most importantly, has the expertise to " de-snake" dogs?
I've got a three year old Catahoula that I use as a blood - dog and would like to get him trained.
He's already getting the vaccine.

·
100% Texan till i die
505 Posts
Once he gets bit on the nose he will be trained!lol There is a guy in the Katy area that does it.Ive heard ather guys on here talk about him.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Bit dog!

The problem with a dog getting bit on the nose is that they don't associate the later pain with the initial bite. Especially if they get bit and don't even see the snake. The German Shorthaired Pointer Club of San Antonio has been doing this clinic for a long time. I had both of my Gordon Setters de-snaked by them several years ago and I felt they did a great job. Just one option. http://www.gspcsa.com/
Tom

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pecan Hill Kennells, My labs were desnaked and trained there.
Pete Thurman does it a couple of times a year, it out past Katy mills and then a few,
(281) 375-6597

·
100% Texan till i die
505 Posts
I know man,i was just being funny!Althuogh its never funny when your bud gets bit.

·
See ya on the flats!
1,838 Posts
I've got a buddy that puts on the de-snaking classes. I'm actually helping him on the weekend of the 17th at a kennel in Brazoria County. He's got another one on the 24th at Waterland Kennels located in Waller. He's a member of this board...his handle is WAL1809 (I think). If you try to get ahold of him and can't let me know I can get you his number. He also does them at his house in Wallis if you just wanted to set up an appointment with him.

Late,
Cox

·
Registered
14 Posts
I did the de-snaking with limited success so also get the new rattlesnake vaccine. It cost about $35 a shot with 2 shots the first year and 1 every year after. The company that makes it from California and your vet can get it.

·
Headhunter...Fishhunter.. .Deerhunter...
1,586 Posts
Any idea if there is anyone in Austin who does De-Snaking?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts