2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I drove out to a lease near Bandera on Saturday morning and it rained hard the whole way there. The storms were just starting to pass when I got there about noon.

Made the afternoon hunt and saw a bunch of deer. Passed up shooting at a little 4 point, a yearling stubby (1 inch knobs), and fawns that came into range. Wanted to shoot one of the nice sized does and figured sooner or later they would come closer. Then, from behind me (downwind) a loud snort and hooves stamping the ground. All the deer scattered and never came back. Must have been the big buck I caught on the game camera earlier in September. He caught my scent and warned the others.

Next morning at daybreak a herd of cattle came stomping through the area and no deer ever came. Got out of the stand at 10:00 and went home. Next time!!!!

·
100% BS
7,120 Posts
Dan, I doubt it was a big buck,,,probably more like a doe,,,bucks ususally don't snort and stomp at you,,,,big bucks just usually sneek off quitely or bolt when they see you.....its those old gals that like to tell everybody in the woods where your sitting.

·
Iusedtofish
2,893 Posts
At first light, I had 2 does w/ yearlings come in and then I saw a flash out of the corner of my eye and there stood a nice 10 pt. Not real wide, but tall. Of course I didnt have an arrow nocked and He didnt wait around long enough for me to get ready. he finally got wind of me and blew and snorted and ran off, taking all of the does with him. It is nice to know there is a nice buck the area. Sunday we didnt hunt and decided to plow some senderas and get our tecomate and rye planted. Glad we did, because it started raining about 45minutes after we got it all planted. Looks like it is shaping up to be a good year for hunting.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Centerville

Hunt at the Ranch all weekend. In total we saw 32 deer sat. morning with two nice 8 a 6 and the rest does. Only one person shot and missed. I could have shot the 6 all morning but wanted it to grow up. Did not stop raining till 10 and hunted till 11:20. Saturday night a guy shaved the belly of a big doe and she just ran off. It is cool saw her Sunday and she look fine. Sunday was poor with only a few deer out in the fields. Did get to see a real nice 10 could have shot with a Rifle.

o a guy that does not bow hunt just cooked all weekend did get a nice Bobcat.

O well always next weekend.

Redfish Bob

·
Time to make the Donuts...
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went back out on Sunday as well...

Unfortunately I didn't see anything. My buddy had a 4-point come by that milled around for a little while and then some nice does came out. He told me that she walked right onto the area he had walked to get to his tripod. She then went into ultra alert mode and scooted back into the brush. He told me that he could still see them but they never came back out.

I'll be back out next weekend as well to see what comes out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts