2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6,128 Posts
No Such Thing

Unless you are just meat hunting, I do not believe there is such a thing as a good day lease. Obviously, if a Landowner is leasing his land by the day, he is not managing his deer herd at all. If 20 hunters a year fill 2 tags on a 500 acre place, then its bound to get shot out in a hurry. And forget anykind of horn management. If it's a dove, duck, geese day lease, it can be awesome. But in my experience,deer day leases that are high quality are few and far between.

· Registered
121 Posts
Day Lease

Went to a day lease for a doe hunt in the 90's in Franklin, Texas. It was ___-****** Ranch. It was nice working ranch with lunch provided. I took my youngest son. We had fun but only saw a 6 point buck. My brother-in-law shot several doe. Price was $100+- per hunter plus $100+- per doe. Not bad at that time. Don't know what it is now,if they are still around or if they still do doe hunts. Good luck.

· Registered
259 Posts
What kind of price range are you looking at and when are you wanting to go? I run package hunts but can make some of them affordable depending on what you are looking for and when. We are on a strict management program and shoot huge bucks but also need to cull out some does and management deer from time to time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.