2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dave Ramsey for Christmas anyone ????????????

It's been a brutal year for a lot of people financially and things don't seem to be getting better for a lot of folks. So I would like to offer Dave Ramsey for Christmas to a few 2coolers. I have 10 books, 5 to 7 will go to 2coolers.

Kaylin and I are lucky, that some years ago I learned a lot from reading all the Dave Ramsey books, listening to his podcasts and acting on what he professed. Dave's books taught me a lot about my financial fiasco and showed me the way to get out of the hole I was in, as well as stage myself to get Kaylin and I on track for a future together.

I learned so much from Dave, that every year I try and help others learn via his examples . I give away 10 of Dave's Book each year. Last year, I gave 3 away to 2coolers and the rest away to other folks. If I can help 1 person a year, I'm more than happy to do that.

So if you would be interested in Dave's book. Please post up and let everyone here know if you would read the book, try and learn from it and apply this simple process to your life. If you don't want to post up that your interested, please pm me. I will pick some folks and send the books within the next two weeks.

I originally read Dave's book in December, started applying what I learned (simple plans that WORK) in January.

I really want these books to go to someone who will at least read it, try to apply it and if you learn from Dave…please give the book to someone else, or give away a new one each year.

Thanks

Thomas and Kaylin

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
Green to you for helping others! We need more people like you. Great idea to help people in a financial bind and get their lives under control.
RT

·
PGA Member
7,828 Posts
Thomas, sorry I don't know anything about Dave's work.
I'll send you a PM

·
Screw it. Lets ride!
3,259 Posts
Put me on the list. Ive heard lots of good things about Mr. Ramsey, but his show is on while Im asleep, and Ive never actually listened to him. From what Ive heard though, we could probably all learn a thing or two from him.

·
Professional Salesman
9,758 Posts
Thomas:

I really need one of those books for me and my wife for 2010. I know Dave Ramsey's work, but we have made all of the mistakes that he is against.

I make $120,000 a year and the bills are stacking up.

Please send a book and address it to me and my wife.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Thomas,
Thank you for the offer. I would like to read one of his books and see how I can apply it to my situation. I vow to pass it on to another 2cooler when I finish.
Please pm for address, or we can meet.

Faron

·
Registered
239 Posts
Ordered the book last week. We are very blessed, but could certainly use some discipline.

More green to Thomas for helping others!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Dave is great and his books are awsome. You are doing a great service by giving out these books to people. My wife and I attended the FPU (Finacial Peace Universty) classes at church and thats what really got her gazzel intense. (you'll know what I mean if you read the books) I also like to listen to his podcast although he can be pretty rough on some people, but it is in a good way. His rules use common sense and are very easy to follow. The hard part is just breaking the routine that you are currently in and sticking with the program.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Man, its amazing how much following Dave's rules can change your financial future.

Before we met, Thomas was decent with money but he really didnt know how to be the most effective with it. And I didnt know what the heck I was doing wrong...I just knew I was always paycheck to paycheck with a car payment, mortgage, credit cards and a student loan...and I made decent money.

When Thomas started reading and listening to Dave Ramsey it was amazing what he was able to do with the information and in a relatively short time frame of say, a year.

There are no secrets, no quick magical solutions, just good solid tell-it-like-it-is info. Granted some discipline is involved and some denial of all those "wants" but when you see it start to work it makes you all the more determined.

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,635 Posts
I went from making 100k a year and my gf making 60k a year to her being unemployed/laid off and me working as a supervisor for the Air Force for $9.74/hour. Talk about changes!!! We've managed to keep the house and car but that is about it. And we may not even be able to keep the car after a couple of more months if things don't change. LOL

If you think that book can help us out, I'll take a gander at it.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Thomas:

I really need one of those books for me and my wife for 2010. I know Dave Ramsey's work, but we have made all of the mistakes that he is against.

I make $120,000 a year and the bills are stacking up.

Please send a book and address it to me and my wife.
Sir...with that income, you would be STUNNED what you can accomplish by following Dave Ramsey's debt reduction models. Although my family and I are in pretty good shape financially, I watch his show regularly and you should hear the miracle stories people tell making MUCH LESS than what you do. Read his material, watch his show, listen to his radio show, and read all you can on his website and I promise you will not regret it. It takes a lifestyle change that most people are not comfortable with(but are you really comfortable now anyway?) to get out of debt, but if you hunker down, stick to the plan, in short order you'll be where you should be making that kind of money. Kudos to the OP for this offer.

·
Tight Lines, CaptDoug
2,022 Posts
Thomas, If you have one left I would love to read it. I've been wanting to get one just haven't done it yet. By the way I believe you left one of your antique reels at my house after the tackle swap. It's a Shakespeare Service Level wind, and it's in the original box.

·
RAIDER POWER!!!
5,697 Posts
I, too, read Dave's book Total Money Makeover. I received it for Christmas several years ago from my stepdad. He gave all of the kids a book.

Long story short, I read it and applied things. I paid off a large credit card this past July. That did take a while to pay (about a year). Student loans are paid as well. The only outstanding debt I have left is my car.

Since paying off my credit card I have been able to put away over 2k in savings, up my 403b contribution an extra $100 per month, and can still live comfortably.

The main thing I can tell anyone is that you have to form a plan and stick to it. Once you see the debts getting paid, it is really a good feeling. You just have to remember the goal in the end.

After a while, it kind of becomes a game so to speak. I have caught myself thinking things like, "wow, I actually have an opportunity to have over 5k in savings by summer". My goal is to get Dave's magic 6 months of expenses in savings before I tackle paying off the rest of my car.

As Texxan said, it really does work if you are willing to apply yourself.

·
The older I get, the better I was.
2,830 Posts
Wife and I went through FPU and it is a life changing experience. Dave makes you see the world of finances in a completely different way. Every thing is paid off but the house and we are knocking that out as we speak. Boy, we get a lot of funny looks from people when they learn that we do not have any notes except the house. We just recently bought my wife a Honda Pilot. We flopped down the Franklin's and walked out with keys and the title. They thought we were crazy!:D

·
Cut 'em!
2,622 Posts
My wife and I have been fans of Dave's for over a year now. We give away several copies of his book every year, and the book plus membership to his website as a wedding gift.

Last year we reduced our debt by over $60,000; our date (mortgage included) is 12/10.

Guys (and ladies) I'm sure there are already more people here asking than what Thomas has so graciously offered give.

Go BUY the books! Get disciplined and do it!

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok,

Thanks for all the PM's and messages.. I will be sending books out this week sometime, so those who got Pm's from me, please send me your adress's.

Im going to go ahead and order 5 more books, since it was quite a few folks who could definately use some help by reading the book.

I ask everyone that i send the book to, to please read it cover to cover, apply it to the best of your ability and pass the book on to someone else who can use it.

It is simply amazing what you can do with the information that Dave puts in his book.

I assure you, that you can do it if you appy yourself. I did, and our life is MUCH easier now. If it was not for Dave and his books, we would not have had an emergency fund and we would have been sunk financially after Hurricane Ike.

Thanks

Thomas and Kaylin

·
Twitch..Twitch--->Boom
5,311 Posts
if you have another. id take one as well. I took a big paycut in july. had to to stay working.

·
Team Nx10
795 Posts
Thomas, If you run out of books let me know i have some at my house. Dave Ramsey changed my life, he inspired me to become a better husband, father, and christian. He teaches more people about more than just money. That man is REAL!!! I've given away many of his books and I've taken many of his books back away from people ( only my brother and sisters), I dont like them collecting dust. My favorite book of his is the answer book.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts