2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my daughter who is 7 shooting this year. She has been shooting a cricket 22 with a scope. She is doing very good. I then started letting her shoot my marlin 22 mag, and has mastered it. She then shot my 218 B a couple of weeks ago and shot very good. I let her shoot to 75 yards and she was good. I am a little scared to move her her up to a 222 due to her being a little small fram.
She wants to kill a deer this year, and I was going to let her use the 218 B, does anyone know a good bullet other than the hollow point Winchester, I can get for the 218 B.

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
I'm thinking thats the same Round that my wife has for our grandaughters 218B...I'll check.

50 to 75yds is the limit we place on her shooting.

Practice/Trigger squeeze...live and empty (2" groups) teaching her shot placement was my job..

Granny does the rest!.....She really enjoys the face camo!
Best of luck and safe hunting to you and her...Post up when it happens!
1st Buck...age 5

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you hand load try some barnes.If you use factory ammo your stuck with what you have.If its a lever action your limited to blunt nose bullets.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I took my first deer with a 218BEE. I think I used the 46 gr hollow point. A shot to the heart will do the trick, or you can let her shoot a 222 or a 223. The kick shouldn't be that different than a 218 BEE. Do not go with a 243, that will be too much for her I beleive.
Cody Parker

·
Registered
78 Posts
My son is 6 years old and he shot his first deer with a 222 wit no problems perfect shot, he was started on a 22 and the a 218 B, the bee was not much difference and he had no troubles going up to a 222 just go to the range and let her try it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts