2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys and gals
darth vader has asked the following question? please give him your thoughts.
thanks
stix
I was staring at the Billy Stix ad...or rather, the pretty gal in the ad, and I noticed that the first rod guide (largest) is "on top" on the rod and the others are "underneath." Am I seeing things or is this some sort of new design?

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Ummm

What guides? What rod? Huh? Am I missing something?:redface:

Z

·
What about my member?
1,679 Posts
Please inform....I was kind of wondering that myself. First tme I saw this, thought I was seeing things. What's the deal? May be interested in a new Billystix myself.....

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,428 Posts
My letter to Billy after fishing with my new spiral rod

The answer to the Spiral wrap is NO ROD TWIST...... Kudos to BillyStiX from Texas! I arrived home from work to find a long package from Florida leaning against my boat in the driveway. My heart started thumping fast as I commenced to break into the indestructible packaging. It seemed like hours went by before I was able to reveal the most perfect cork butt I’ve ever seen. I ran my fingers over the flawless cork and gently pulled the reel seat and first wrappings into view, the graphics and lettering made me weak in the knees. With nimble fingers I held my new custom creation into the sunlight and the glitter under the glassy smooth clear coat was breathtaking. I grasped her butt ever so loving and gave it a firm shake, her medium action and fast tip sprang to life. At this point, I knew, I now owned a masterpiece. I had about a dozen reels clean and ready to go, but I decided this fine work of art deserved a Virgin. Next day I purchased a shiny new Shimano Calcutta 250 and spooled up with 14lb Trilene, got home and firmly screwed it down on the Stix, this made a match like peanuts in your coke. The suspense was killing me so I planned a short trip to a local spot where I always land a few fish. After a short boat ride, I rigged up with a frisky live shrimp and cast without effort into the deep gut 75’ to the west. Within seconds the shrimp was inhaled and the hook set was firm and crisp, the fish made a run south out of the gut into 1’ of water showing her golden back and spot, as line peeled off the Calcutta, with the reel seat cradled in my open palm. I had to thumb the spool and bow the Stix like a question mark to turn the Redfish as she was heading for a steel pipe protruding from the water yet the backbone of the Stix was amazing with absolutely no rod twist and it turned the fish like a corkscrew to bring her on in to net. I caught a larger Redfish shortly after, but I will never forget the first one on my new BillyStiX Spiral Rod !!! Thank you from Texas Billy McDaniel!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Seriously...

billystix said:
i think his question is the fact that he might not be aware of the spiral effect??
stix
I was not aware of it. Pray, do elucidate on this spiral effect. :help: I thought my medication was causing some sort of side effect and impairing my vision.

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,162 Posts
Question about the rod twist. I have always heard the rod twist comes from a rod that is not properly aligned along the true spine of the rod. Or do all rods actually twist no matter what?

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
spiral twist

guys
yes you are correct when you talk spline in correct alig?
but you still get some rod twist due to the fact that the guides are up right, this alone will cause some rod twist in its self?
so if you combine the two you will stop about 90% of the twist, then the spiral takes effect, if all the fish pressure is applied to the lower spiral and the spiral is correctly placed per the individuel rod then you stop rod as well as reel twist.
the spiral rod will go down when the fish takes line, at this point he is fighting the rod, the fisherman is standing there with a grin on his face letting the rod do its job, for the first time. i can not give you all the tech junk that you might want to hear, all i can tell you is i have totally hundreds of happy spiral owners who say the same thing(( this spiral rod is a truly amazing piece of work))
you can never truly understand the way the billystix custom rod works until you hold it in your hand for the first hands on battle with your own big boy tugging at the other end.
i believe some of the billystix spiral stix owners will fill you in with all else you need to know, i will turn it over to you guys, please visi me at www.billystix.com for info on the spiralstix.
thanks
stix

1 - 10 of 10 Posts