2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ain't a puff of wind, bet the bay is glass slick..... Whew, can someone bring me a coldone....lol.... Sure be glad when I get this boat work finished....

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
Went outside to sit on the deck awhile ... dang it's calm and hot as blazes.

Back inside for a cool one, bro. We're expecting company or I'd bring ya one!!! :brew:

Attachments

·
6,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hate it when it hangs limp.... :eek:

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Hot here as well. To many calm weekends cause me to fish to much and burn to much fuel. Didn't go this weekend as I have to fly out tonight and we had an engagement for Friday night. Thinking how calm it is offshore but then again saves me a couple of hundred by staying home.
Tried to work in the yard. To hot had to get a bowl of bluebell and hit the couch for an hour.

·
Registered
30,679 Posts
yep, it is hot...humid, too. i drove out to the dike awhile ago and saw a guy putting his yak onto his truck. he had a limit. it's flat on both sides. i'm going out in the morning.

here, darrell, have a corona.

·
Back in da Saddle
10,160 Posts
Galveston shows less than 90 degrees but also less than 2 mph wind!

John

·
6,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
freespool said:
Hot here as well. To many calm weekends cause me to fish to much and burn to much fuel. Didn't go this weekend as I have to fly out tonight and we had an engagement for Friday night. Thinking how calm it is offshore but then again saves me a couple of hundred by staying home.
Tried to work in the yard. To hot had to get a bowl of bluebell and hit the couch for an hour.
Now thats the best idea I've seen all day..... Mooolenium crunch is the ticket

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
Great idea ... Bay Gal just brought a fresh bucket of Blue Bell Tin Roof ... oh, yeah!

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Its gettin hot in here! lol

My pool temp is reading 91 degrees, air temp is 100. Not even worth swimmin at them temps. Think Ill just suck in some a/c and 2cool.

Everybody around here is asleep except me, quiet house is a good house. lol

Z

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
did some light yard work early, around 8:30 this morn. my sweat droplets were sweating. took a cold shower and i was still sweating. dang, just thinking about it is making me break a sweat...

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Yea its hot! And I messed up a little. Got to my favororite Flounder hole yesterday morning at daylight and got all caught up in the exitement. I forgot my hat at home and didnt realize that I hadnt put on any sunblock untill I felt my face burning. LOL Its gonna peel.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Lordy it is hot, i was on the patio drinking a cold one watching the wifey mow the back yard, she was sweating and her face was red!

·
That DamnYankee!!
4,076 Posts
Badhabit said:
Now thats the best idea I've seen all day..... Mooolenium crunch is the ticket
You need to hit the Ben & Jerry's section, look for Black & Tan, it's Guinness flavored!!

Jeff

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Worked in the yard and garden today. I think I sweated off 10LB.

Got a shower and now have a cold beer. I fill much better now.LOL

FishBone

·
Not on call Steve!!
2,840 Posts
********* said:
My pool temp is reading 91 degrees, air temp is 100. Not even worth swimmin at them temps. Think Ill just suck in some a/c and 2cool.

Everybody around here is asleep except me, quiet house is a good house. lol

Z
That would be like swimming in a hot tub.
BTW, my hot tub doesn't even have water in it. LOL

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
StinkBait said:
Didja do any good yesterday Gary?
Naw! There was allmost no water flow in the bay and the water was funky. The surf looked great. In fact too good! I got scared. LOL

The first gut seemed to be a Freeway for Stingrays. They were freeking everywhere and I aint wading in the middle of a Stingray Freeway! So I went deeper, into,

"Sharkland"! :spineyes:

They were swimming straight at me! With that little grin that only Sharks have when you kick their door in. I am not BSing, I poked my Billystix rod butt at two small Blacktips that cruised right up in my,

"Man Zone"

I got Sharks attacking me from the front, and I got Stingrays behind me. And their EVERYWHERE!

A smart man would loose the live shrimp and go with something that isnt made of a living organism, or smells like one. I carefully made my way back to my tackle bag and decided to go with a SWA glow/treus plastic thing.

Yea, that helped! LOL I caught 4 baby Blacktips on plastic. Thats a first for me. Caught a dink Trout, a Hardhead and a Sandy. But it was fun. Got my line stretched, got my fishing fix in, and regained a whole lot of respect for our natural recourses.

It was great! :D

·
Roll Tide!
15,787 Posts
Jamaica Beach wasn't too bad. The hottest it got was 90 and there was a 3 - 4 mph breeze blowing off the Gulf.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts