2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
828 Posts
Astros

I have to admit there are alot of people that know baseball very well on this site. Jeff Kent is a pretty good ball player but his stats have been diminishing the last few years. You would think for the money the STROS are paying him and also playing at Minute Maid park he would hit 50 homers and drive in 130 RBI's. I still think he is a good player but way over payed for the stats he produced lately and let's face it, he's not too bad defensively and he's not great either.
I say we drop Kent and use Viscaino at second full time next year and pick up a young skilled back up infielder capable of playing short or second. This would free up some money. Adam Everett is going to be back strong next year and do a great job. We absolutely need to do everything possible to resign Beltran. All of us can see the difference speed makes, just ask the Marlins. Everett and Beltran in the top of the line up sounds very scary to opposing pitchers. I sure wish Bagwell would renegociate his contract and give up some money to do what ever it takes to get Beltran and Clemens back. Imagine Clemens, Oswalt, Backe, Pettite, and Miller all healthy next year and the team chemistry if finally coming along.

· Registered
828 Posts
Last night

For those of you that did not attend the game last night, you missed one awesome game! The crowd was going crazy loud and you could feel the excitement in the air!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.