2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About two months ago I hit a sandbar and damaged my outdrive on my 1984 bayliner 29'. It has a volvo penta drive. I took it to a local boat repair shop in corpus christi and they don't appear to interested in reparing it.Does anyone know someone in corpus christi who can help me get back in the water and fishing ? Any help would be appriaciated Thanks.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I don't but sorry to hear you are down. I am down too sad4smsad4smsad4sm

·
NRA LIFER
3,209 Posts
buckwolf2000 said:
About two months ago I hit a sandbar and damaged my outdrive on my 1984 bayliner 29'. It has a volvo penta drive. I took it to a local boat repair shop in corpus christi and they don't appear to interested in reparing it.Does anyone know someone in corpus christi who can help me get back in the water and fishing ? Any help would be appriaciated Thanks.
What do you mean "not interested"? Are they covered up with work? Did you make them mad? I know very few businesses that turn down work without a good reason. Just to be able to sell those high-dollar Volvo parts should get their attention.

Are they an authorized Volvo Penta service center? If not, you should look up the nearest shop and take the boat there. Get on Google and find an authorized shop.

Don't give up.

·
Iusedtofish
2,893 Posts
Bummer, where did you take it??? I am sure that one of the dealers in town want your business. I have heard that one of the dealers in corpus wont do any service on your boat unless you bought it from them. try another..

·
sea monkey rancher
18,403 Posts
Call Rick up at Marine Outlet in Temple, i know it is far away , but he has been a volvo/bayliner dealer for 25 yrs or more and may have repair parts in stock

·
Dick - 1972 Formula 223
830 Posts
Give Daryl Gatewood a call at 361-727-9787. That's Gatewood Marine, in Cove Harbor on the south side of Rockport on business 35.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts