2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Can't be what you ain't.
8,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well went out today and brought along the ol' lady. After this and that and some more of that. We finally got to the water about 0930. Got the yaks loaded up and headed out. She somehow managed to get her egg beater and line all twisted up about ten times. I had one fish on the stringer and fought with her rod off and on for the next 45 minutes. Finally she got squared away and we eased up to where I was at yesterday. We started to catch fish. Had a limit about two hours before we left. I kicked back and had sandwich. She caught a few more and said she was ready, her feet were getting cold. We headed in. Final tally I had 25 and she had 15. I caught and released prolly 8-10. Didn't fish a whole lot more after my limit. Some pics. Hope all else out there today had a blast too! I saw longhorn daddy and SS today. See ya'll on the water. Oh yeah two big fish of the day were both around 17" These fish are fed well they are FAT!!!

Attachments

·
Can't be what you ain't.
8,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
**Correction** It was mattfishing I saw today not Longhorn daddy...I posted my report after reading yours and he posted last and I typed his name instead lol.

SS1247 It was a blast today after I got my ol' lady squared away.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
It is amazing how many fish were down there. I am glad you and your wife caught a lot of fish. I don't know if she was happy about me catchin those whites in front of her. I heard her say "He has another one". That little crankbait sure does catch fish.

Matt

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Great fishing report. Glad you got in them when you did, cause this rain just might put a stop to it for a little while. Looks like the wife had a good time too. And yes, those were some big Whites.

·
Banned
764 Posts
Great report Fishin Soldier.I had planned on going today but after yesterday i thought i might just give the other folks a chance at the thrill of the whitebass extravaganza .Maybe with the chance of rain it will keep some home.Im not scared of rain and i know the fish are already wet.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Great report Fishin Soldier.I had planned on going today but after yesterday i thought i might just give the other folks a chance at the thrill of the whitebass extravaganza .Maybe with the chance of rain it will keep some home.Im not scared of rain and i know the fish are already wet.
With the rain, sometimes comes the opening of more gates and that is where the problem lies. It will disturb the fish and shake them up a bit until they can get back to a normal routine and level back out. The rain itself isn't the problem.

·
Can't be what you ain't.
8,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
She is real hard headed..when I say real I mean REAL. After I caught my limit I tried to put on the little broken back crankbait trailing the white curly tail grub setup. I caught all my fish on this setup and she swore it was "messing" her up. She made me take it off and use just the curly tail grub. I put the crank bait on and caught a fish on the first cast. I then put up my rod because I my point was proven just didn't wanna make the truck ride home miserable...:) She had a blast though. She never once griped about wanting to go home which is a miracle. I loved to see that smile on her face everytime that rod doubled over, and her saying "yeah baby got another!"

·
Can't be what you ain't.
8,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The gar better hope "he" doesn't roll up next to her....she meaner than a pee'd off rattlesnake!!

·
Registered
14,435 Posts
The discharge right now is pretty good for a yak. That is a great day fishing with your wife, and I have to know, does she clean fish?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I was going to hollier at you. Figured you where going behind the dam, but I was half way in a project. I headed for white rock creek and did pretty good. Hollier if you wanna go behind the dam. Nice catch, loy!

·
Professional Salesman
9,758 Posts
O.K. I'm pulling my inflateable kayak out of the garage attic this weekend and launcing for better or worse.

If y'all see me sinking, come rescue me or I will follow your boat like my pointer did when I was a kid. We would let him go under a time or two before hauling him over the Jon boat rail. :wink:

Nice fishing guys. I'm learning more everyday. I grew up pond fishing, but I am learning creeks, rivers, dams, and locks everyday.

·
Can't be what you ain't.
8,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Usually I cleaned all the fish. She got home and went straight to the shower. I had the chore of cleaning fish, cleaning gear, putting everything up, and then bagging the fish. Well that all changed yesterday. On the way home I told her she is learning today. She was actually excited..at first. I cleaned one she watched, I helped her filet one and then she wanted to do it alone. Well, after a couple of hack jobs I took over and she did all the side duties. She is getting there. Can't gripe to much lots of guys would kill for a wife to fish with them! :)

·
Banned
764 Posts
Amen to that Fishin Soldier, i have tried to get my wife to go fishing with me for 23yrs and she just wont do it, but she sure does know how to put her cajun cooking skills toward them fish.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts