2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow! what a game tonight. I really do not like the two, three, two, format for the playoffs. And dallas really does not like WADE! THE KEY TO THE HEAT VICORY IN GAME 5... Walker was in foul trouble......

·
Registered
494 Posts
The whole series has remained a joke, rvj. I wish it weren't but don't your remember the first two games? It seemed like a body-slam contest, and who could crush the nearest floor-sitting fan!

Shaq cant shoot nor can Dirk. I'm starting to believe their drinking water is tainted, because something isn't right here!

I still root Mavericks! ..The key is Marques Daniels and Dirk to score in the paint....

·
Back in da Saddle
10,160 Posts
Mark Cuban might have sealed his teams fate when he went on Letterman and bad mouthed Pat Reily (sp) ... might not be the smartest thing to do...

John

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
rvj said:
Wow! what a game tonight. I really do not like the two, three, two, format for the playoffs. And dallas really does not like WADE! THE KEY TO THE HEAT VICORY IN GAME 5... Walker was in foul trouble......
They can go fishing with me. I have a spot open right next to Parker and Duncan.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Dallas

Dallas missed quite a few opportunities to foul Shaq and send him to the line before the 2:00 mark. The way he's missing free throws they should have emptied the bench to foul him and force him to the line. In the last 4-5 minutes it looked like Dallas would open it up and then Miami hit a big 3 and Wade hit a few runners to keep it close. If Shaq's in the game, and it's close, he has to be sent to the free throw line every trip before the 2:00 mark of the fourth quarter.

The NBA front office, by suspending Stackhouse, had as much to do with this game as the players.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
newbie said:
Dallas missed quite a few opportunities to foul Shaq and send him to the line before the 2:00 mark. The way he's missing free throws they should have emptied the bench to foul him and force him to the line. In the last 4-5 minutes it looked like Dallas would open it up and then Miami hit a big 3 and Wade hit a few runners to keep it close. If Shaq's in the game, and it's close, he has to be sent to the free throw line every trip before the 2:00 mark of the fourth quarter.

The NBA front office, by suspending Stackhouse, had as much to do with this game as the players.
Hack-a-Shaq is the most pathetic way to play basketball and it's sad that Dallas is trying to win games by using this "loophole". That's such a BS way to win a game... if you have to resort to that to beat a team, you don't belong there in the first place. I'll pull for any team that's playing against the Mavs.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Good quote, Rangerjohn! I can remember the military stories of World War I. When a group of English soldiers were to ambush a group of Germans they stopped. They knew it was the day of Christmas, and a most holy day for them. Instead of stabbing one another with bayonets or shooting from their rifles, the opposing enemies instead waved little white flags and sang traditional Christmas hymns!

·
senor member
6,148 Posts
Every team in the NBA does it. Put the onus on the big arrogant indifferent. For millions a year you would think he would get a free throw coach. But no, he's too lazy or proud to do that. To heck with his teammates, right. They will just have to overcome, because he's not interested in doing anything about it. Teams do it because it is available. I say use any advantage you can get. It would be foolish to not sieze every edge available to you.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hack-a-Shaq

Reel Deal Fountain said:
Hack-a-Shaq is the most pathetic way to play basketball and it's sad that Dallas is trying to win games by using this "loophole". That's such a BS way to win a game... if you have to resort to that to beat a team, you don't belong there in the first place. I'll pull for any team that's playing against the Mavs.
I don't like the Mavericks either. But, if my job was to win games, then my guys would foul Shaq at every opportunity down the stretch of a game. You call it pathetic, I call it strategy. A free throw is called free for a reason - they're supposed to be made a majority of the time. If the self-proclaimed "great one" can't hit free throws when necessary then the Heat "don't belong there in the first place."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts