2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to The Colony, TX to visit the inlaws and got together with a couple guys off another forum that were kind enough to take me to public land one day and private the next. Both days were a bit slow but I enjoyed it very much anyway. First day we had two mallards which they let me take. I've never had a mallard before so it was pretty exciting. 2nd day hunted some flooded croprows on public land and although the weather seemed 'ducky' we didnt see any until we were driving out and it seemed like every pond in the area was holding ducks but ours.

All in all an excellent wkend. Met a couple like-minded guys and hopefully they will make their way down to the coast and let me return the favor.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Congrats on your first Greenhead!

Your hooked now....

Im heading up there Thanksgiving week to smash some green.... Birds just arent there right now... I just got off the phone with Edd and he says its been slower than usual and the birds havent showed yet... This little front will bring a few more down,...

Pertaining to your other post, that hen looks pretty torn up for the Taxi... And you may want to let the Taxi take a look at that Greenhead before you give a deposit... Looks a little torn up too...

Congrats on a good trip and glad you liked it! Its a totally different hunting environment, and much easier huh?

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The hen aint going to the taxi. The Greenhead is actually in real good condition. Its in some pantyhose and wrapped up real good in my freezer to make sure that doesnt change

·
Registered
686 Posts
Congratulations !

I have always wanted to do some flooded timber hunting, it looks like fun. I'm on the coast and all I have ever duck hunted is the Laguna, salt marshes and Bays.

The green head looks in great shape for mounting, it just has a few wing feathers out of place from handling, will make a great mount.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Ive got 2 Greens in the freezer myself... One with a shiny little band on his leg...

I just cant decide on what position to get it done in.... Decisions Decisions....

I would recommend going back up there after the split... The green is still up North.... we need some freezes....

You didnt have to deal with knee deep mud huh? Isnt it nice!!!!

Looks like a good little hole.... Mojo?

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mojo yes, they came right over it. Man it sure was nice not to worry about the gumbo we have. they were saying that the birds arent really there yet but I have a standing invitation to hunt w/ them anytime I come up. Ill be there around xmas.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
I will be up there alot as the season goes on and we start seeing freezes...

Now you know why I quit hunting down here... its just too easy up there...

The property we are hitting Tgiving weekend is awesome... Gets hunted twice a year... Private and loaded up with birds!!!!

And you can drive a truck within 50 yards of where you set up.... throw out 12 dekes, a mojo and a jerk cord....

It doesnt get any easier... And, you dont even have to get out there til 8am....

Ahhhh, the life... haha...

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will be up there alot as the season goes on and we start seeing freezes...

Now you know why I quit hunting down here... its just too easy up there...

The property we are hitting Tgiving weekend is awesome... Gets hunted twice a year... Private and loaded up with birds!!!!

And you can drive a truck within 50 yards of where you set up.... throw out 12 dekes, a mojo and a jerk cord....

It doesnt get any easier... And, you dont even have to get out there til 8am....

Ahhhh, the life... haha...
Yep, my wife is from The Colony and wants to move back up there so bad she can taste it. I used to live in Frisco for a couple yrs after high school and I have always told her I need to stay near the salt. I was willing to discuss moving back yesterday while driving back home. Still dont see it happening though...

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
If it wasnt for the oil/gas industry down here, I would move up there in a heartbeat...

My sister just moved up to Plano and loves it.... I have a bunch of friends that live in Fort Worth and I always have a good time when I visit...

Plus, everything you own isnt covered with rust up there and you dont have to flush out the motor when your done smackin' big mouths on Fork... haha

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If it wasnt for the oil/gas industry down here, I would move up there in a heartbeat...

My sister just moved up to Plano and loves it.... I have a bunch of friends that live in Fort Worth and I always have a good time when I visit...

Plus, everything you own isnt covered with rust up there and you dont have to flush out the motor when your done smackin' big mouths on Fork... haha
Yep, im in the oil/gas industry as well!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts