2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I've heard many great things about the revo. I'm still attached to my 50mg, but for the next rod I get which is soon I'm thinking about a revo or maybe the new shimano core. Haven't heard anything yet about the zillion to be honest.

jake

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
just found this on another thread...

Mike in Friendswood said:
I picked up one of these new reels from someone last night. His BIL had fished the surf with it, and it was not working very well. He was just going to ditch it, and buy another reel, but he talked him into giving me a shot.

Bottom line: the reel cleaned up like new! There was a little exterior corrosion, that cleaned up real nice, but the interior was corrosion free. Once I got everything cleaned up it was humming like new.

I had not really made any comments about this reel yet, as I had not seen any that had been through much use, but after cleaning thos one, I think ABU has a winner. 11 bearings is still a little scary for the gulf coast, but I am impressed so far.

Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.