2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Casting Tales
406 Posts
I've handled both before and I would think the Zillion will be more corrosion resistant due to it having less bearings and corrosion resistant bearing CRBBs. The Revo will be smoother because of the number of bearings but it will require more maintenance in order to keep it running smoothly. The Revo is also has a smaller profile. They both cast great and I dont think you could go wrong with either one as long as you take care of them.

·
Duck Slayer
773 Posts
Doa search on the Revo. I know I have replied a few times on this reel. All I will say is go with the Revo. You will love it! I own 2 and waiting for the saltwater series to come out.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I've heard many great things about the revo. I'm still attached to my 50mg, but for the next rod I get which is soon I'm thinking about a revo or maybe the new shimano core. Haven't heard anything yet about the zillion to be honest.

jake

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
just found this on another thread...

Mike in Friendswood said:
I picked up one of these new reels from someone last night. His BIL had fished the surf with it, and it was not working very well. He was just going to ditch it, and buy another reel, but he talked him into giving me a shot.

Bottom line: the reel cleaned up like new! There was a little exterior corrosion, that cleaned up real nice, but the interior was corrosion free. Once I got everything cleaned up it was humming like new.

I had not really made any comments about this reel yet, as I had not seen any that had been through much use, but after cleaning thos one, I think ABU has a winner. 11 bearings is still a little scary for the gulf coast, but I am impressed so far.

Mike

·
Thank You! Next
7,758 Posts
I have a Zillion , I just put through a Redfish Cup event and I think it is AWESOME , time will tell , but tolerances are close, and if you treat it right, should be a solid investment for a long time.It casts as good as anything , Dickie and I used and I believe he was overly impressed as well.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have revo stx and i love the way it casts, but worried about taking it wading. Wait for the inshore saltwater version to come out (very soon!!). I would really like to get my hands on one of those.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have the Revo SX and it worked great for the first few trips out (LLM), but now I cannot get it to work as good as my Citica's. I have used it exclusively for wade fishing. It will outcast my shimanos, but not as smooth of a retrieve any more. I just broke it down and lubed it with Rocket Fuel products. Going to see if this does the trick.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would stick with shimanos or wait until the inshore revo comes out and try that. i believe it is going to run 250+ though. You could also try the revo s it has less bearings than the other revos and only cost 99$. it cast very well too.

·
two of my favorites
1,259 Posts
I have two Revo Sx's. they are great. Like any reel in saltwater, they require cleaning and periodic maintenance. A well known guide/author once printed that the lazy fisherman is seldom a successful fisherman.

·
Thank You! Next
7,758 Posts
Totally awesome !! But most of all the new reels do, including the 2 new Core's I Have .:spineyes:

Cowboytongue said:
Zillion? Whats the drag like on them?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts