2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame. This poor man called, and the LORD heard him; he saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them. Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him. Psalm 34:4-8 NIV

·
Banned
756 Posts
Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good.
Means that we are to live in the reality that in this lifetime , we should be able enjoy life now. Taste and touch being senses that are of the natural world. I believe this opposes the view that we are here to suffer and live in poverty.
The scripture that we will have tribulations in this world, I think does point to the fact that the world is a place where the serpent works and most of our troubles are in our own fleshly bodies not wanting to submit, give over, let the Holy Spirit lead .
It is my thinking that we are able (only) THROUGH CHRIST to live prosperously , in health and victory in this lifetime and in joyful reunion and worship in the next.
I of all people know well that it is hard to be joyful when there is a lack of income, a sickness and trials that beset those on this earth. I have a friend who is an evangelist that when I first began my walk and would elaborate all the obstacles in my life would usually only reply with one word "Victory!"
That would infuriate me so much, yet who is it who wants us to believe that we can never win. '
Jesus said" Be happy, I have overcome the world." We are blessed to read revelation and we know we win. We who have Jesus' promises know we have anything we ask if it be His will. A job, a truck, health and even a boat what part of that is not His will. If we also do our part confess, forgive, repent and give unto others.
Maybe if we practice heaven on earth (the kingdom, come) and live as we will there; in glory to the Father, in worship constant worship we will experience heaven on earth.
And those angels will encamp around us.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts