2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father? If you are not disciplined (and everyone undergoes discipline), then you are illegitimate children and not true sons. Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of our spirits and live! Our fathers disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in his holiness. No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Hebrews 12:7-11 NIV

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
I don't know if any of you go through Advent before Christmas. For my church, this is the first week of Advent. We are to prepare our hearts for the comming Christmas. The birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

When I was young, my father disciplined me, sometimes I think too hard, but I appreciate how he kept me in line with being a good and honest person. always putting others before myself. Now, I hope I am open to being disciplined by my Father in heaven. Especially in prepararion for the celebration of the birth of His son, Jesus.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts