2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.' Matthew 7:24-27 NIV

·
Kayak Fisher
7,566 Posts
When I saw some of the after-Ike photos of the coast and saw that so many of the homes were totally demolished with nothing left, I thought about this passage from the Bible.

I remember learning a song about it when I was a child. "The wise man built his house upon the rock...... the foolish man built his house upon the sand........."

Of course, the point of the verses isn't where we choose to build our home, but whether we have the wisdom to OBEY the Word of God. The wise man obeys, and he stands firm through the storms of life.

Lord God, let us be wise, hearing your word, believing it, and acting upon it. Amen.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts