2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a problem with my D50 using a "house brand" external flash from Ritz Camera (I think flash is made by Vivitar). Been using it for years on this camera and it worked well. Last 2 weeks it suddenly decided NOT to sync with the camera, i.e. whenever flash is used, it totally over exposes the pic! Setting is in "P" mode for external flash.

Took the SAME flash unit off and put it on the D80. Worked as it should.

Took D50 and used internal pop-up flash. No problem.

I think I've eliminated the flash being a problem which leaves me with thinking something has gone wrong in the circuitry when using "P" mode w/external flash.

Any ideas?

Yes, I know the D50 is "old" but it has worked for years and still takes good pics w/o external flash.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Shoot the camera in manual mode. Check for any changed settings on the flash. Check to be sure the contacts are clean. How many contacts are there on the bottom of the flash?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I re-checked all settings. They seem OK. Just for grins, I actually changed some things, then reset back to orginal setting. Then tested the flash again. Things started working apparently "normal". ????

Maybe the poor camera just felt neglected since I shoot the D80 mostly now. So, for the moment, it seems to have regained it's "normalcy".

Thanks for the comments.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts