2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Its easy to grin when your ship comes in
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you guys who keep your boats in a slip use to keep birds away from your boat. I am tired of hosing bird droppings off of my boat. Is there anything that works?

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Ditto on the Owl decoys Jeff, but not sure how good they work

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
The owls seem to help. Need to make sure you move them to differant spots on the boat from time to time. That is what the instructions on the plastic owls say to do. LOL

Capt. Dustin Lee
Fish'N Addiction Guide Service
[email protected]

Team Lone Star Graphite Rods.

·
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see the owls all the time, but wonder how well they work. Maybe there is a cottage industry that trains and sells live owls that are trained to kill pigeons on sight, but have the discipline to hang it over the side when they themselves have to go. I can dream at least. LOL

·
23' Sea Ox/200 hpdi
3,118 Posts
I had an owl decoy once and the gulls had absolutely no respect for it; however, it turned out to be extremely effective as it gave the gulls a new target to $#!+ on.

·
fish control my brain
7,737 Posts
Put a toy iguana or toy plastic snake on your deck.

I use the owl above my boat but I'v seen the iguana and kept teasing the little kids it was real.

·
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, Skipper. dumn question, but where is the best place to find a realistic looking rubber snake and/or iquana?

·
Banned
145 Posts
I agree on the fake snake...just make sure you let your wife know about it BEFORE she decides oneday to clean the spiderwebs off the lift...could lead to one ****** off wife...and one VERY DEAD fake snake.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
pellet gun. **** pigeons.

·
fish control my brain
7,737 Posts
Toy Store

I have to admit..... I really dont know

But I would think they would have them at the TOY Store

Like :Toys R Us...do they still have those

You might ask a little kid.....I'm sure they would know...lol

manintheboat said:
Thanks, Skipper. dumn question, but where is the best place to find a realistic looking rubber snake and/or iquana?

·
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Capt. Dustin Lee said:
Maninthaboat. Maybe it has something to do with your boat being the first one at the dock so it is the first target. LOL

Capt. Dustin Lee
Fish'N Addiction Guide Service
[email protected]

Team Lone Star Graphite Rods.
Yeah, it probably has something to do with the name of the boat. I think the birds want to show me who the "real" chingador is.

·
Registered
361 Posts
We use the owls on the deck of our house in Galveston and they seem to work pretty well. The older ones are a little cheesy looking, but the new ones are actually pretty spooky looking. Give it a shot.
DJ

·
Registered
413 Posts
We bought and put up bird spikes all around the top of our boat lift. They work great. The cost was a couple hundred, but the install is really easy with a caulk gun and the glue provided by the spike distributor. Check out the plastic spikes at www.birdbgone.com.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Put one of those broadcast feeders on your deck and have it spray bird seed all over your neighbor's deck......... Just kidding - I am just sulking because I don't have a bayhouse or dock to get bird s*it all over!!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts