2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
******* Deer Hunter
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a CVA .270 Anyone own one of these guns. I know they are almost specifically a muzzle loader maker but they also have a line of centerfire guns. I am looking for a good starter gun for my FIL. Any suggestions? :help:

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have the CVA optima elite in a 270 that has maybe been fired 7 times and has a 3x9 40mm scope on it that I may be willing to part with if your interested it in. Brand new never been on a hunt before.

·
******* Deer Hunter
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the CVA optima elite in a 270 that has maybe been fired 7 times and has a 3x9 40mm scope on it that I may be willing to part with if your interested it in. Brand new never been on a hunt before.
Sounds good, but before I jump knee deep into a pile and commit I am very curious as to how these guns perform. I shoot a Rem .270 700BDL so I like mine but I am looking for something for the FIL. Do you like your set up 7 shots sounds like you sigthed it in and wasnt to happy. No bashin here bro just askin. Any advice or help from you or others is greatly appreciated. But i want a reliable gun a newbie can handle and learn to love hunting quickly with and yet more on the maintenace free side incase he forgets a good wipe down. You can PM with a price but I am looking for some insight before I get into something I regret. Thanks D :cheers:

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'll see if i can get some pics sent your way BB2. I really like this sweet little unit. It has the Bergara(sp) 24" SS barrel and i bought it to have something between my 22-250 and my 300 win mag, little did i know that the very next week a guy would show up to the lease looking to do some horse trading on a 6.5x55, let's just say that that has become my "go to" gun. I think that CVA has a good thing going with these guns and they seem to be sturdy, durable, and strong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts