2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
normally no big deal. but i've been healing up any and everything that i could for a wade trip to poc this weekend. i leave at 4am tomorrow. and don't you know, last night just b4 bed, the rack in my closet crashed to the floor. in attempts to recover all my starched shirts and hang them on the other side i step on my change jar that had just been broken. in response to that, i jerk back and scrape my arm on a coat hanger. so now i'm going tomorrow with a gash on my big toe and a 3" scrape on my arm. lots of liquid bandage and i guess i will be bringing my breathables. i'm praying for a cool breeze and cloud cover so i don't lose 5 lbs water weight.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so it'll be what, 95 instead of 100??? i'll still lose weight. typically i'd gain it all back very quickly with a cooler full of miller lite, but now that may even make you more susceptible.

btw did you complete your wiring job this weekend?

·
Still a write in candidate HOMER '16
2,582 Posts
Try the Spray on stuff Kenny was talking about. I have used the liquid Bandaide before and it did not work very good. Besure to have some fresh water, peroxide and some antibiotic cream on the boat for when you get out of the water. Good luck with the fishing, and remember if you dont feel safe wadeing you can always drift.Josh

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
going to get some spray on at lunch. already have everything else. trying to win some cash this weekend. the last two years we've done well in this tourney. 1st year we won the spot pot and second year placed second in big stringer. hopefully we'll make it 3 in a row.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dude, that's not funny. i need the good mojo goin, not the RR or taped up depth finder kinda mojo. hopefully, the closet thing is the worst thing that happens this week. may have to change my handle, the abbreviation just doesn't SMELL right.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Caution

Boat money, there are alot of factors that can contribute to you getting Vibrio or not. Are you immunocompromised? Have you had liver or Kidney problems? Are you currently taking any medication that my surpress you immune system? Are you currently fighting any illnesses (cold, flu etc)? Do you drink alot? Are you diebetic? Are you over weight? Do you get sick often? All these things increase your chances of becoming infected with Vibrio. If these do not apply to you then you should be fine. I have heard several people here talking about using there waders in the summer from now on, or not wading anymore. What about your hands and arms? If you are fishing some part of your body is going to get wet. If you are at high risk because of a specific condition, then you probably should not go fishing in the summer period.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
out of all those categories, i think i only fit one, but i haven't been able to get a firm definition on what is alot of drinking. i weigh 188 and should be around 175. haven't been sick or medicated in a long time(other than the little bug around the sca westside meeting but i don't think that has anything to do with my immune system). i'm not overly worried, just a little ******** that this happened the day b4 i'm heading down there. i'll still probably wade wet and use the arsenal in my new first aid kit appropriately.

·
Registered
236 Posts
about 2wks ago I got a pretty good scratch/cut on my knee from a rod holder in my boat. This past weekend we went down to fish rollover and stopped at my sisters, we got to talking about the virus and she gave me some stuff in a bottle I think it was nuskin, it brushes on like paint. That stuff worked very well. Didn't come off for nearly a week. When it did the scab came off too and it was completely healed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts