2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the specs on the Shimano website I do not see alot of differences between the Curado e7 and the Core. I would assume there is something more in the Core (bigger drag /better bearings) based on the price. Can someone give me a heads-up on the subject?

·
GOD BLESS AMERICA
1,441 Posts
I've noticed with Shimano , alot of times there newer products perform as good or better than there older more pricey models , just me though ...

·
Banned
688 Posts
I always thought the core was made to be as light as possible. I don't know if it will be any good in saltwater.

·
Banned
688 Posts
juanpescado said:
I've noticed with Shimano , alot of times there newer products perform as good or better than there older more pricey models , just me though ...
Me Too

·
Wishin I was Fishin
1,090 Posts
Captain Kyle said:
I always thought the core was made to be as light as possible. I don't know if it will be any good in saltwater.
The core is fine in salt...you just need to be one of those that cleans up after every use....Its a good reel....I use one and really like it.....As far as i have heard the new E7 is not holding up to salt.....Hmmmm?

·
678 Posts
loving my Core

i love my Core,but you MUST take 5 minutes and clean it after every use or you will have problems.ive seen guys use em and throw em in the garage and expect them to be as sweet as the day they bought em.whats the old saying?a ounce of medicine keeps the Doctor away ?

just my opinion

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Yep, I guess I'm a slow learner...... It took me a while to realize that high dollar reels (especially Magnesium) have to be treated like a fine shotgun and really cleaned and oiled after EVERY use.

·
Banned
4,335 Posts
The difference in weight is the big difference along with the Core being a 100 size reel and the Curado is a 200 size reel. The Core also uses an Aluminum main gear where the Curado uses Brass. Both reels are fine for use in saltwater and of course proper maintenance is needed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts