2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
You can't be me...I'm a RockStar!
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Curado Super Free CU200BSF...recently the anti-reverse has been intermittent, and the "brake" does not stop the spool at all times. Randomly, I am able to spin the handle forward and backwards! I have fully dissembled the reel, thoroughly cleaned, and reassembled, and the problem still exists.

Anyone have any ideas as to which part exactly may be causing the problem...or what the problem might be in this case.

Thanks!

bs

·
But, I live in Bayou Vista!
1,630 Posts
The problem is the clutch bearing. It is the one that sits inside the frame where the main shaft goes through. You can check it with the reel apart by sticking the clutch tube inside the bearing and checking that it only turns one direction. Make sure there is no grease in that bearing, and it is clean. Only put very light oil on it when you re-assemble. I have seen dozens of reels with these problms but I have only seen a few that actually had a bad bearing.

Mike

·
fish control my brain
7,738 Posts
Generally this is from oilling the clutch bearing.

Try cleaning your with Lighter fluid and see.

·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds good! I am going to pull the bearing now, soak in a dissolvent, and I will report back!

Thanks for the info!!!

bs

·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Curado Anti-Reverse Failure - RESOLVED!

PROBLEM SOLVED! Thanks for the advice guys!

I removed the clutch bearing and the bearing tube, toggled both in some lighter fluid, let sit out and dry, then applied a light coat of oil to the outside of the tube, and reassembled. Brake stops perfectly! Too much lubricant on the beaing was the problem!

Thanks again for the help.

Tight Lines!

bs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts