2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 100B, bought in '01 that has served me well. Now I se a DSV designation, with SV being the saltwater version. What was mine, salt or fresh? Hoping it's salt because the only fresh its ever seen was the post fishing spray down. Cleaned it recently with the instruction posted on the sticky but the brake case is apparently made of brass and seemd a bit corroded. (I like the Citicas as the ones I've seen have the case that seems to be stainless.)
Now my "Cleaned" reel has a "squeak" when I turn the handle. I didn't replace any parts, just cleaned them per instructions although I did lube the brake case as it just seemd to need it. Any ideas of what to do next?

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
From my experience the anti-reverse bearing might be the culprit of the squeak. Then again, I haven't seen or heard the reel so I could be caused by a few different things. Have you ever taken the reel all the way apart for cleaning?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went as far as the instructions on the sticky here.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is no "anti-reverse bearing" shown on the schematic or parts list that came with this reel. What else might it be called?

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Part# BNT2396, roller clutch bearing.

It's in the right side plate under the handle. To remove it will require you to disassemble the right side of the reel. I usually don't tell people to start taking apart their reel because I don't want to be held responsible if they can't get it back together. If you think you're capable and are going to give it a shot anyways, give me a call and I'll tell you what to watch out for and give you some tips.

Matthew Kiel
281-639-1795
or the number below

·
Banned
4,335 Posts
Matt I agree it sounds like the anti reverse bearing. Add a little bit of oil to a q-tip and run it over the rollers to eliminate the squeak.

Thanks for the help Matt!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That was it! Thanks especially to Matt as we talked and he was most helpful! Note to all...make sure the anti-reverse bearing gets re-installed correctly or it works just like its supposed to but it sure presents a problem for you. Finally reasoned that it's called an anti-reverse for a reason! Chaulk that one up to a novice reel cleaner!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts