2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Security is thick. Take my advise and don't leave your boat or venture very far from the water.

Basically, we were immediately spotted during the infiltration, quickly detained, and ordered off Bolivar. They knew we were coming from the helocopters. Knew were we docked, knew what boat we were in.

If you do go, bear in mind that carrying a side arm on your hip tends to rile up the authorities. But for my kindly demeaner, slick talk, and stunning good looks, I would be seeking bail money.

The upside is they plan to drop a new expandable military bridge over Rollover, and may allow us back next weekend.

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was not treated as a thug, and I certainly did not mean to suggest that. To the contrary, all the folks I dealt with were very professional and treated me with a great deal of respect and courtesy.

Why take a gun into a no-man's land of (now) wild dogs running lose, snakes, rats, looters, and recently, a lion and tiger? Perhaps the better question might be, why would someone not take a weapon into such an environment?

But, since you asked, because I value my life.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.