2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Security is thick. Take my advise and don't leave your boat or venture very far from the water.

Basically, we were immediately spotted during the infiltration, quickly detained, and ordered off Bolivar. They knew we were coming from the helocopters. Knew were we docked, knew what boat we were in.

If you do go, bear in mind that carrying a side arm on your hip tends to rile up the authorities. But for my kindly demeaner, slick talk, and stunning good looks, I would be seeking bail money.

The upside is they plan to drop a new expandable military bridge over Rollover, and may allow us back next weekend.

·
3,809 Posts
Ernest said:
Security is thick. Take my advise and don't leave your boat or venture very far from the water.

Basically, we were immediately spotted during the infiltration, quickly detained, and ordered off Bolivar. They knew we were coming from the helocopters. Knew were we docked, knew what boat we were in.

If you do go, bear in mind that carrying a side arm on your hip tends to rile up the authorities. But for my kindly demeaner, slick talk, and stunning good looks, I would be seeking bail money.

The upside is they plan to drop a new expandable military bridge over Rollover, and may allow us back next weekend.
That's going a bit far don't ya think.....LOL :D

MB

·
Registered
86 Posts
A group of homeowners from Kona Kai have been in three different times. Monday, Thursday, and Saturday. Saw TX Game Wardens on Monday, no one Thursday, and Galveston S.O. patrol boat Saturday met us at the entrance to our canal Saturday. Nothing but courtesy each time. Instructed to be safe and try to get out as quickly as possible. While there the patrol boat came up the canal and I told them I was going to tarp my roof and was told to take my time. Little while later 7 Galveston S.O. patrol cars came through and they never said a word. They told us they didn't mind homeowners coming via boat if they stick to their own property. The guns were with us, but none of us were brazen enough to pretend we were in the wild, wild, west. All in our group that had them also have CHLs.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
txcbc said:
A group of homeowners from Kona Kai have been in three different times. Monday, Thursday, and Saturday. Saw TX Game Wardens on Monday, no one Thursday, and Galveston S.O. patrol boat Saturday met us at the entrance to our canal Saturday. Nothing but courtesy each time. Instructed to be safe and try to get out as quickly as possible. While there the patrol boat came up the canal and I told them I was going to tarp my roof and was told to take my time. Little while later 7 Galveston S.O. patrol cars came through and they never said a word. They told us they didn't mind homeowners coming via boat if they stick to their own property. The guns were with us, but none of us were brazen enough to pretend we were in the wild, wild, west. All in our group that had them also have CHLs.
guess if you had one on your hip you would have been treated like a thug too

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was not treated as a thug, and I certainly did not mean to suggest that. To the contrary, all the folks I dealt with were very professional and treated me with a great deal of respect and courtesy.

Why take a gun into a no-man's land of (now) wild dogs running lose, snakes, rats, looters, and recently, a lion and tiger? Perhaps the better question might be, why would someone not take a weapon into such an environment?

But, since you asked, because I value my life.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Boat PICS from MINI SUPER STORAGE ON HWY 87

i made it down to Bolivar by truck yesterday thanks to unnamed friend w/ SO dept to check on house and business w/ our insurance adjusters. I found several boats that had been left at the Mini Super Storage on HWY 87, don't know if anybody on here has on of these. If you do, PM me and i have more pics. Luckily, I pulled mine out thursday before the storm or I would have been in bad shape. Stupidly, I left alot of tackle and equipment there, now total loss.

Photobucket

1 - 8 of 8 Posts