2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well they let us in to Crystal Beach today to "look and leave", which we did.
Here's a few pics and link to more that I took today. The media, flyovers, ect don't do it justice...it's surreal and absolutely impressive...almost numbing.
Our place is trashed, but we do have something to start with, my heart really goes out to those that have nothing left..and there is a LOT OF THEM.

The debris is amazing and random...piles of twisted metal, wood, furniture, coolers, ect and you'll find an unbroken light bulb on top.
Enough talk...more pics:

Lots more pics here: http://landrums.smugmug.com/gallery/6071985_Hm3Zs#380828717_8eLM7

·
Registered
460 Posts
I was told sharky's made it, guess i was told wrong. what about the ships wheel? i will be going down emerlda 2 tommorro to help a friend look for his things. pilings and a slab is all that is left of The Cabin.

·
From the old school
1,406 Posts
Good old sharky's is but a pile of rubble ....boy what memories Ships wheel is there but is a loss ..you can sit in back and drink a beer.

I can remember going to that church when I was a kid when that was the only church in town....sad so sad

joker

·
Concrete Contractor
12,404 Posts
I see a bunch or red X's for the pics. They didn't come thru.

·
Kayak Fisher
7,566 Posts
Thank you for those photos, Benny. The wind and water of Ike has left many folks with just rubble and a broken heart. I'm sorry for the loss of your house, and I wish you much success in the rebuild.

·
Stealth Mode
324 Posts
I saw your trailer Fri. as I went to look at my lots. Ofcourse I look at it and think of you everytime I go by. I know a Landrum family in Franklin,La.. Related? My lots are next to the trailer on the Chevy. The debris field ended up on my across the street neighbor. It is huge. Good luck. I hope they let you do what you want to do to repair/replace your trailer. What kind of tree is that?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Stealth Mode said:
I saw your trailer Fri. as I went to look at my lots. Ofcourse I look at it and think of you everytime I go by. I know a Landrum family in Franklin,La.. Related? My lots are next to the trailer on the Chevy. The debris field ended up on my across the street neighbor. It is huge. Good luck. I hope they let you do what you want to do to repair/replace your trailer. What kind of tree is that?
If your next to the trailer on the Chevy then you made out pretty good.
We are just going to demo the trailer and put some travel trailers down there probably build some covers for them...then we can just pick up and go for the next one. I'll ask my buddy what that tree is, it's on his lot which is fenced in with ours. BTW, his trailer disappeared and part of the "first stop" store is in his yard now.

We are probably related to the Franklin Landrum's somewhere along the line...most of our family is from E. Texas...pretty much cajun.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
My sister got married in that church... Whooda thunk the Wheel woulda made it!? I figured they would be open too!!

Man, many good years and many good memories of that beach!!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Looks like alot of kayaks are missing thier owners.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts