2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Who said that was spicy?
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Back on Dec 4, 2020, I opened this thread and mentioned that Bitcoin had crossed the $20,000 mark and that was a big deal.

Since then, Bitcoin has continued to climb and hit significant milestones.

Today is April 13, 2020. The $60,000 price milestone was crossed recently and it continues to climb. I won’t repeat what some are predicting the price will be. I just know that the technical indicators and fundamentals are good and they support this climb.

Many of the Alt coins that I previously mentioned are doing well. I’m holding one Alt that pays me 6% interest. Also, my laggards woke up and my crypto portfolio is performing far better than my stocks.

200% crypto portfolio increase and growing. I’m glad that I have crypto on my balance sheet. There is a lot of money to be made in the next 10 years in this space if you’re willing to put in the time and understand it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I tried to understand Crypto but its confusing to me. There are so many "coins" that Im like what is least risky. Folks are telling me to buy this Safemoon stuff but I'm like what in the world is it lol. I know alot of folks that have made money (or I assume cause I'm not sure if they actually sold or not) from all this Crypto and continue to tell me that there is still alot of money to be made.

·
Who said that was spicy?
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I want no part of Safemoon. Some say it smells very much like a Ponzi scheme. I hope that you’re not here to pump it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I want no part of Safemoon. Some say it smells very much like a Ponzi scheme. I hope that you’re not here to pump it.
If you bought Safemoon based on my post then you deserve to loose your a** lmao. Its clear that there was no pump in my statement unless the first sentence "I tried to understand Crypto but its confusing to me" came across like that lol.

·
Who said that was spicy?
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
No problem. Pumps often start out as an innocent post. If you want to learn more about this crypto beyond Bitcoin, read up on the DeFi examples I provided earlier in this thread. Look at how much they’ve gained in 2021. Research what they actually do and why. Find your own cryptos in this DeFi space and follow them. Understand that some of this is already changing the finance industry. See the major players that are putting skin in the game so that they don’t get left behind.

Don’t just take my word for it either. Do your own due diligence (outside of a fishing forum).

·
Who said that was spicy?
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

CoinGecko: Cryptocurrency Prices and Market Capitalization (screen print 5-6-21 @ 5:50pm)

A top 12 (by Mkt Cap) look at today's cryptocurrencies. The 7d percent change data is nice information to have along with the standard 24 hour percent change data. It's easy to get excited by a daily price jump but what has it been doing for the last 7 days?

Dogecoin (DOGE), although it started as a legitimate joke, $20.1 Billion dollars of that dog coin traded hands globally in the last 24 hours. 81.6% gain in 7 days is nice. I'm not a fan of this coin for a lot of reasons but there is money to be made (and lost) here.

Ethereum is moving to Proof of Stake later this year. This will reduce fees and also speed up the transactions through the Ethereum world. YTD price movement for ETH has been very strong and the upcoming upgrade to POS is one of the factors driving up the price.

The SEC's case against XRP continues. There has been a lot of positive news reported on the case progress. The price rise of XRP seems to correlate positively with the news that has been emerging from the court case.

Cardano (ADA) is designed to be a smart contract platform like Ethereum. Cardano has been taking a slower, methodical path to develop its smart contract blockchain structure. Cardano will rollout its smart contract capability later this year. They are testing it now. The founder of Cardano was one of the early members of the Ethereum team and then he left Ethereum to start Cardano. It seems that Cardano is moving in anticipation of the upgrade later this year.

Uniswap (UNI). They've created an amazing distributed exchange (DEX) business model and grown it very quickly. They have literally billions in Total Value Locked (TVL) across different assets on their platform right now. This spawned another DEX called SushSwap (SUSHI). DEX's are quite interesting and there are many of them and likely more are coming. UNI has done well this year and they just released a new platform feature.

The blockchain developments that are emerging and the market volatility keep me interested. Opportunities are everywhere if you understand what you're looking at. Stock markets. Yawn. They seem boring to me now. ;-)

None of this is investment advice. This is only sharing for those who have interest in this stuff.

·
Live Today Like Tomorrow Ain't Comin
164 Posts
When they open their own exchange in 6 months or less you may eat those words. Are you aware that the code was audited ? Do you know that there are over 1.5 million holders of the coin ? Safemoon is much like DOGE neither really do anything at this point. However the communities that support them are what makes them stable and lucrative. I am not necessarily here to pump it but to fully inform people. The ponzi scheme worries are now squashed as the last issue was the developers owning too much coin. Now there is 5 man approval process for developers to sell off their coin. It is no longer a rug pull or ponzi scheme worry. Revisit it before you give up on it.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts