2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So your sitting in the deer stand, the sun has just come up. Everything is so peaceful and quiet. The little birds are chirping and singing, the crickets are still getting a few cricks in. A squirrel scampers through the leaves. Everything is so relaxing and the way God meant for the forest to be. And then...

CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW!!!

for the next 20 mins. Is there any noise in the woods that is more wrechid and annoying than a dang crow? Any remedies aside from shooting them?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Is amazing how freakin SMART Crows are. You can drive a truck or 4wheeler right up on them so easily its funny. It is about impossible to walk up on them unless you have heavy cover to use. I love killing thoes bird with an electric caller early in the morn in my families Pecan Orcher in Schulenburg.

·
Tiny is Gone... Hi, My Name is ROGER
5,886 Posts
I remember when I was a kid I chased down a flock of crows for about 2 hours plucking one off at a time with my red rider bb gun, well trying to anyways.

Then I ran out of bb's and tried using some "bb's" out of one of dad's shotgun shells.... didn't work too good.

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,607 Posts
anytime and everytime a dang crow has done that to me..I go to camp,, he's telling on your ars for being there.. that CAW is a snitch

Reactions: DANO

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the crows are doing it from a distance, before they come over the tree line. I just find the noise annoying. I still tend to see deer.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I wouldnt be so hard on those Crowbirds,,,They tend to follow Bucks ,,Had a crow sitting in a tree about 50 yrds from me, making more noise than a busted chainsaw,,,thought about shooting him right there ,,,until BIG BOY steps out from under the tree the crow was sitting in shooting his beak off.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just got this mental pic of Hippy sitting in his stand swatting away at the crows like mosquitos while they keep dive bombing him and the decoy! :rotfl:
If it came to that i think i would just take the ol shotty in the tree with me. Bird huntin is a lot of fun, you think the wife can tell the difference between dove and crow? :wink:

·
AKA "STUMPY"
5,196 Posts
FoxPro caller+22-250= no more crow problem:bounce:

Long range crow hunting, its the wave of the future

·
Do you know who I think I am???
5,213 Posts
I have not see crows way down south but we have Green Jays. They are just as bad while hunting.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts