2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this morning me, my brother and our buddy Evan had ten customers to bring on a Goose up here around Lubbock...We set up the spread, stubbled the blinds and got situated with what was to be an awesome hunt....The first volley of birds we had was about 60 birds and we took 13 birds out of it....Volleys of 20 to 150 birds continued all morning until we had our limit by 8:30....13 men 13 limits....It was an awesome hunt and I think we might have made some long time customers!
Our decoy trailer and some of the guys and the birds

Me and Evan with Greaters and Cacklers

My brother with two Honkers

The birds

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
We have seen only a few greaters up here.... LOTS of lessers... we let 8-10k light in on us yesterday and videoed.. It was unreal.

How did you like that chill in the air Friday??? YIKES!!!

I saw Todd with Panhandle Waterfowl do pretty good this morning. He said they had 28. All lessers.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah Friday I had a group of crane hunters and we were freezin our tails off...We had a big mulie chasin a doe through the field we were hunting in that morning pretty wild....We killed 6 greaters and they were our final six to kill...We sat and just decoyed birds after that and wouldn't you now it they were the majority greaters...

One of the customers had a young yellow lab, we got a greater to sit in the dekes next thing you know the pup takes off and grabbed the greater alive, drug it back to his owner the whole time with the goose trying to fly away the owner grabs the goose lets it go and it takes off flyin away hahaha...talk about catch and release hunting!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts