2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When will the croaker action start to heat up? I did a search but could only go back to may 04. Also what kind of areas around the causeway,greens, galv channel etc will I do the most good. I'd like to get my girls out there this year.
thanks

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Croaker

I've always had good luck in October at Roll-Over pass. Fish incoming tide on the Bayside of cut with fresh dead and light tackle. I usually pic up 10 or 15 in a couple of hours there in October. They make good Bull-Red Baits.

·
Big Overgrown Galoot
1,061 Posts
Agrees with the Sea Slug.......the golden croakers usually precede the flounder run.

Yep..Rollover Pass...Moses Lake... Sea Isle-West bay....have had some whoppers in the past.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Its on now!

Wore 'em out in Red's Bayou Saturday morning.

We were headed home from an all nighter at the spillway and decided to give it a try and sure enough they were there.

Boxed 45 in a little over an hour and left 'em biting. Them jokers better be glad we were wore out or we would have filled the coolers...hahaha...

Shad are thick thick thick everywhere. I can't believe we even got a bite with all that bait in the water.

·
Registered
123 Posts
golden croaker

We tore them up Sunday morning (incoming tide) at the Boliver ferry landing. We fished at the end of the rocks and had a croak on every cast- back into the ferry landing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts