2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
let me think
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although i am not fond of flash photography it can add a little pop to your images.....Here are some pics of my nephew taken today... 2 seperate light sources used for warming and creativity........ Enjoy

Attachments

·
let me think
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heys guys, Im glad you liked the pics…

Ok well since a lot of us including myself don't have the convenience of owning or acquiring a studio to shoot within, it means we have to get creative…

All the pics posted are inside of a baby crib…LOLOLOL As you will notice in the last picture with his hand on the rail. I always wanted to do something like this but being lazy and not motivated by shooting PEOPLE I haven't done it yet.

All shots are used by laying a black comforter on the mattress of the crib and draping it over the sides or wherever else you need the subject to stand out of…. I shot these with my 10-20 MM.(MAINLY AT 15-20MM) I like using a wide angle to shoot in close proximity because as I learned yesterday it allows you to gather a lot of light in a tight area.(SUCH AS A CRIB) I used a simple light with a clamp to mount on the side of the crib and played with white balance until I could get nice, rich , fleshy looking tones on the skin of the baby.(ADD GEL COVERS TO YOUR INCANDESCENT OR HALOGEN BULBS THEN PLAY WITH THE WB) Light sources were SB-600, Sun coming in from the window he was standing by, and the light that was mounted on or by the crib where desired… I had to play with the flash compensation until I got the desired results.. All pics were about -1 .0 - -3.0 exp. Iso 400-800, 1/60-1/30 sec. 15-20MM handheld and cropped accordingly.

Shooting with black backrounds is fun and exciting. Especially since the subject is always exposed properly. Get the desired results you want. Then as I did, darken the image to your likening so its like a ghost coming out of the shadows…. Then tell everyone you're a professional and have a studio and your prices vary…!
THIS TAKES NO PHOTOSHOP>>>>>>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts