2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble creating a local area connection. I guess when you install windows it does it automatically but I did not do that. Now it seems like I can not do it. I am wanting to plug in a cable and just be connected. It is a cable internet service. Thanks for the help, Nathan

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
Have you tried turning the computer and modem completely off (removing power source) for about 30 seconds? That may fix the problem. Restart the modem and let it complete its diagnostic, then start computer. If not, then go to Network Connections in the control panel and go through the wizard to create a new LAN connection.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the computer is a laptop so I am not sure about turning off the modem. I have tried turning the computer off and restarting with the cable plugged in. Nothing seems to work. I have tried creating a new connection as well. On the desktop under network connections, it has a local area connection but the laptop has only a 1394 connection. Thanks for any ideas. Nathan

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am thinking the driver may be missing since I reformatted it when we got it new to get rid of all the trials and annoying stuff. I did this with the desktop and it automatically created the driver so I am not sure whats going on? Nathan

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
If you are using a cable connection, you will have a separate cable modem. This is the one you would unplug and restart. How are you connecting the laptop to the cable modem...with a USB cable or with an ethernet cable?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts