2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered Users-PM plus
8,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had intermittent showers today on Livingston ahead of another cold front. Fishing is almost always good ahead of a front and today was no exception.

The interesting thing to me today was the big females are now growing egg sacks. I hadn't been out in a few days and this has just started. Those big females are hungry now cause they have to have more energy to grow those thousands and thousands of eggs.

Reference an earlier thread talking about the good old days...well today was 7 straight limit trips for crappie on Livingston for me with many slabs in the mix...the good old days are right now, IMO.

Attachments

·
Registered Users-PM plus
8,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SS, this summer spoiled us...those stripers were some kind of fishing. The crappie are kind of icing on the cake...something to catch while we wait for the lake and river to get right.

·
Registered Users-PM plus
8,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know Matt. The water has got to clear some. I believe the whites are in the river now south of Carolina creek, but the visibility is terrible. I saw tons of what looked like whites in the river south of Carolina creek but you couldn't see an artificial one inch into the water.

I'm itching to get the crank bait after them but they just can't see it yet.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Try the crank bait. I have caught them when the water was really muddy and very cold. It has a tight vibration and rattle that will make them strike it.

Matt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts