2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
www.bayoumetalcreations.c om
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time i put something up for sale on craigslist i get 10 emails from those idiots from nigeria. They all have the lame broken english emails that say the exact same thing. I wish they would get a different scam or something i wonder how many people fall for these scams. Does anyone else get these scam emails on craigslist?

·
You got girlfriend Vietnam?
1,892 Posts
yep. I put up 2 items on craiglists a few months back.... After that I figured it's not worth it.

·
Registered
775 Posts
My trbl with craigslist was that whenever I found the item it was iether in a storage container in Florida, California or not available for viewing...just send the money. There are good buys you just have to weed thru all the thieves...if you have time.

·
Kayak Fisher
7,566 Posts
I looked all over for a chair pad set for a glider rocker (for a rocker at the daycare center where I work). It looked like it would cost $50 to order it.

Then I remembered craigslist. So I brought up the furniture section and typed in the keywords "glider rocker" and that REALLY narrowed down the amount of ads I might be interested in.

It turns out a lady in Friendswood just posted her glider rocker with ottoman for sale that day (in good shape) for $35. It was more economical to buy a whole chair/ottoman set than to order a new chair pad set for the old rocker!

Fortunately, the lady put her cell phone number in the ad, so I didn't have to bother with sending an email.

I'm a happy camper with the purchase I made, but I do realize you have to be very careful with some of those ads.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Mont said:
I am not sure if you can do this on craigslist, but using an image of my email addy here cut the spam by 99%.

Yes you can do that on craig's list. Whenever that I list something I restrict it so that they can't respond by clicking on the headline.
I put my address like this:
xxxx at yahoo dot com
You can even put your phone number in there if you write it like this:
three six 1 two 7 eight three three 9 two.
If they can't figure that out, then they aren't smart enough to buy whatever I'm selling anyway LOL

·
Registered
112 Posts
Like I stated on a previous thread I have had exceptional luck on Craigslist Houston. I bought my two Seadoos and my Whaler. My neighbor bought his jet skis too. Sorry to hear about your bad times.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I've been watching for some deals on four wheelers on EBay and Craigslist here lately. I've reported several scammers to EBay and ran accross some on Craigslist as well.

The EBay scammers copy other people's ads and run it as their own. I've also seen a situation where you click onto an item and it links to a site outside of EBay. It looks like EBay, but it's not. I noticed that the item number will also change, making it difficult to report.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I only shop craiglist in my home town. But, I like your idea! I do get those goofy nigerian replys. My mail blocker cuts out the persisitent ones. Also, remember they can also store their ***** and stuff on YOUR computer. I don't know what the cure is for that!

Meanwhile, I bought a 1988 CC ,18ft, Kenner bay boat with 90hp Johnson, for $6,000. I have seen similar boats advertised at $12,000. I am very happy with Craiglist, and have recommended it to everyone I meet.

I put some land up for sale on it ( a deer hunting place) and had to take the ad down in 3 hrs because of the number of responses!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts