2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this is not one of our 2coolers

deer lease crockett,texas (houston county)

Date: 2009-12-30, 9:29PM CST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

This deer lease is a scam. The manager's name is Blake Brannon. There are no deer. The lease will be advertised as 12-1300 acres with an old house with water and sewer. Sure 16 hunters is not too much? The house has no heat,a/c or sewer. The sewer runs under the house. He will not ask you to pay water or electric but then will ***** about paying the bill. OH did I mention that he and another man are staying on the lease in camp for 3- 4 weeks at a time? They have freezers running and the place is let up like a Christmas tree. I saw no deer. People on the lease also said that he is riding all over the lease and peoples cameras had the last frame was him "checking" their camera and it was turned off or inop. I did see the manager shoot a deer and not only no tag the deer but not gut it. When I ask what is the deal I was told "I know the processor and it is hard to beat him at his own game." He and the deer left the camp. I was not there for the opening of archery season, but was informed the manager was shooting deer with a rifle .Did I say I saw no deer? The rules say there is to be no riding of four wheelers in camp and no dogs during hunting season. These rules do not apply. Get ready for will unsupervised kids riding all over the lease and dogs in camp. Nothing like a good old dog fight at 9: 00 pm. There are no deer. I have seen not but one legal deer shot. This lease is under the 13" rule by the state and the doe season is very short. Oh and if you like to dove hunt, do not worry, the manager will make sure your field is baited . With MILO. Now just when you thought no deer, the local boys in the area know how to hunt, they spot light from the road on the property you paid 1100 a year to hunt. but do not ask the other hunters what they paid ,the manager charged everyone different prices. The only people who have killed deer has ben the people living on the lease and the 10 point legal deer that was shot in youth season.Sitting around the camp fire is fun , do not worry you will soon find out that he has ran his mouth about you to everyone and about everything. By the way part of the lease is up for abjuration and is pending a sale. Nothing like having 16 hunters on 900 acres.The property owner name is CM Taylor. The manager Blake Brannon is the problem. A lot of hunters are not resigning and have already pulled out early.There is no deer.The manager will list this lease on this site and in the local papers..The phone number I have for Blake is 832-452-1002. There are no deer on this lease.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
LOL! He just opened himself up for a nice little lawsuit if he can't prove the allegations about rifle hunting during archery season and not tagging deer, etc. The owner and manager could file on him for liable, slander, loss of business, etc. You got to be careful now-a-days even if his allegations are true. This country has 2 many lawyers just waiting for stuff like this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome to hunting in East Texas....spotlighting, theft, others hunting your stands, road hunting, etc. Wait till the owners sells the timber and you have loggers cutting at your stand during season. I feel your pain.

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,635 Posts
That is crazy... So there are no deer EXCEPT the deer that were shot? LOL

·
Cajun 2 da Bone
4,083 Posts
I was on a timber lease for about 15 years east of Willis. Wasn't uncommon for their surveyor to come trekking through the woods in the middle of hunting season while we were in our stands. He just waved and walked on by. He did wear an orange vest. We did kinda have an understanding with the poachers, we hunt during season, they hunt after season.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts