2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter, who does alot of fishing with me, will be home from UT this weekend and wants to go crabbing. Though I have waded all over bay, I haven't ever gone specifically after crabs. Any suggestions for starting spots?

·
Salt/Freshwater Angler
214 Posts
the other day i saw a few guys crabbing. all they did was stick about ten sticks a little bit in the water near the shore with some cut bait on a hook. then they just walked back and forth checking the bait for crabs then they net em. pretty easy,id say they got at least 20. so next time im out there im gonna try it but first need a recipe off the recipe board cause i have no idea how to cook em or what to eat.

anyone know the limits on crabs in texas?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
i usually do well on the north shorline across from brite lite flats near the san luis pass. i crab from the boat. that way you can get a little fishing in too. i don't know what this weather is going to do for you. move often. you can clean out a spot pretty quick.

michelle

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Crab net

Get a crab net from Academy. They are cheap and easy to use. All you'll need is chicken necks or somthing that stinks to draw them in. Good Luck!

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
here

Here http://www.blue-crab.org/ oh and limits in Texas are Blues 5 inches from spine to spine no limit,and Stones are 2 1/2 inches from tip of claw to the first joint. And remember no sponges or big fines will come............................later,Dave

·
Registered
298 Posts
As for that recipe we boil them whole just like a crawfish and they are great...I have never eaten so much in my life as the last time we had some boiled in that spicy water.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The Gulf side of the North Jetty on the Bolivar Peninsula is a very good place to crab. I've taken many blue crabs there and many of them stretched 8"-9" from point to point. Of course, I had to walk out onto the jetty rocks about 1.5 miles to get them, but it's worth the walk.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Crabbing is usually based on water temperature. Down here in Texas, crabbing is good from the middle of March to the end of October (usually). There is no official season.

·
@Drew_Smoke
4,158 Posts
We caught 30 or more at the San Luis pass County park on saturday. You can catch them all day there. Set up shop next to the flagpole on the inside shoreline of the little lagoon there....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts