2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Hey guy, I just took a photo of a 30" trout and let her go, and we also landed a 25" and 24" on this same wade session." While fishing the Hartwell Group, Capt. John Rachunek ended up with 40 trout.

After 3-days in row of catching & releasing 28" trout, I get another call from Capt. TJ Christensen, "We just landed a 27" trout in skinny water, and she's thick as a football. Both Capt. Matt and Capt. TJ were fishing the Pieper Houston Electric group. Matt ended up with limits of trout while wade fishing, and Capt. TJ group had 12 trout over 20" for the day.

Congrats to Capt. John Rachunek for letting this big fish go, according to John he said this fish may have pushed 10 to 11 lbs. He didn't have a bogo on him.

www.BayFlatsLodge.com
www.BayFlatsWaterfowl.com

Attachments

·
Registered
859 Posts
Wow

10 or 11 lbs for July and not in the surf, Normally I would call BS but the photo shows some fat girth on that long frame. The few Ive caught around that length in the summer were spawned out 6# cigars. Keep up the good fishing.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Star..

Is this fish not legal for STAR or what, I am not sure that's why I am asking....

To me it looks like he just through back a NICE BOAT !!!!!!!

D2

·
GOD BLESS AMERICA
1,441 Posts
fishnlab said:
I think the guide caught the fish. Guides are not eligible. HE let it go for a cusatomer to catch in a few days. Nice move. Congrats, Capt.
Well since thats the case , nice job on the CPR , sounds like yall are on em right now ...

·
JimD
7,161 Posts
Hey Chirs

Chris,

You used to be great at putting what color the boys were having the best luck with. I know in most of your last 6 years worth of posts there is usually a color.

Can we get you to start doing that again?

Jim

·
JimD
7,161 Posts
Hey Lazy

LW

I am dead serious. Over on Chris's site he his an archrive of all his fishing reports for ~6 years. It is amazing to read how his style has changed. I am usually after him to do a book with all the information that he has shared over the years. There is a book's worth of material dispersed among the posts.

He has been serious on Norton baits for 4 or 5 years and usually shared which tail and color and any rigging and action that was working best for them.

Same with top waters baits.

http://www.wadefishing.com/reellines.htm So you can see for your self.

Capt Chris is the Man.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Captain Chris

JimD is right. I started fishing out of Seadrift on a regular basis in 1995. Chris was there as long as I can rembmber back and now he has built an Emipre. I have watched him via his articles and threads and from a few friends that know him. He always gave solid advice and has improved over the years to once of the best. I have learned alot from his articles.
JimD said:
LW

I am dead serious. Over on Chris's site he his an archrive of all his fishing reports for ~6 years. It is amazing to read how his style has changed. I am usually after him to do a book with all the information that he has shared over the years. There is a book's worth of material dispersed among the posts.

He has been serious on Norton baits for 4 or 5 years and usually shared which tail and color and any rigging and action that was working best for them.

Same with top waters baits.

http://www.wadefishing.com/reellines.htm So you can see for your self.

Capt Chris is the Man.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I also say Congratulations on a nice fish but wouldn't he have to have released this fish anyway? Can guides retain any fish while operating a paid charter?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts