2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Hookin Aint Easy!!!
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I killed a coyote a my feeder last week and took a few pics at camp and then dumped him off in the woods. I was telling another guy about the kill and he thought that there might be a bounty on them. We hunt in Mason County, does anybody know?

·
Hookin Aint Easy!!!
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She was a little to rank to eat. I should have sold it to some of the swimmers maybe.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I killed a coyote a my feeder last week and took a few pics at camp and then dumped him off in the woods. I was telling another guy about the kill and he thought that there might be a bounty on them. We hunt in Mason County, does anybody know?
Yes, mason county has a bounty on coyotes. If I am remembering right, I believe the landowner has to be a member of the predator association. You might check with the landowner and see if he is a member. What ranch do you hunt on and I might be able to find out for you.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Yes, mason county has a bounty on coyotes. If I am remembering right, I believe the landowner has to be a member of the predator association. You might check with the landowner and see if he is a member. What ranch do you hunt on and I might be able to find out for you.
I know Mason County had a Predator Control Association back in the early 80's for sure. I killed one and took it into town, and got $100 for it. If the landowner doesn't know who to turn it into, then go by the newspaper office, or sheriffs office and they can probably direct you to the head of the PCA.

·
Registered
4 Posts
last year i killed a coyote in mason and i had to cut off the ears and turn them in to the mason feed store and the land owner has to sign off on it also. they give you i think 50 for a pup and 75 or a 100 for an adult

·
Make America Great Again!!!
2,173 Posts
I looked all over the net and I couldn't find anything.
How would I find out if there is a bounty in Goliad county?

I guess i need to find me a lease in Mason.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
DANG.... I had no idea they would pay 50-100 for a coyote...

I could have paid for my lease last year if they had that kind of bounty in Anderson County

·
Mike
1,054 Posts
Try the county Ag Extension Agent. Every county has one. If not, there then you can try the Texas & Southwestern Cattle Raisers Assoc. I would imagine the local feed stores would have info on it as well.

Back in the 80's there was a $200 bounty on 'yotes in Coke and Tom Green Co's. (sheep/goat country).

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
http://www.masoncountynews.com/news/article/10498

From the Mason county News....

The Mason County Livestock and Wildlife Protection Association will hold their annual general membership meeting on Thursday, January 15th at 7:00 p.m. at the St. Paul Lutheran Church Fellowship Hall.
During the meeting, attendees will be updated on activities during 2008, and will have the opportunity to nominate and elect officers for 2009. The setting of membership dues and bounty levels for 2009 will also be discussed and set.

For more information, contact any of the current WMLWPA members or officers:
Charles Loeffler, President, 347-8962
Chad Lemke, Vice Presicent, 347-0735
Curtis Schulze, Treasurer, 347-6175

1 - 18 of 18 Posts