2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

" Cowboy Mafia "

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  JIM_D 
#1 ·
I was wondering if any of ya'll had read this book or heard about the story behind it .It was alittle before my time

The books about a couple of Horse trainer's and cowboy's back in the 70's and 80's who buy a couple shrimp boats down in Port Aransas and use them to ferry drugs from Columbia to High Island. Where they have a fake shrimp business that they use to off load and distribute their drug's.

Pretty neat story with some local flavor I just wish it had been written a little better

#4 ·
Muscles Foster was a trainer who worked for Rex Cauble. Some of you may remember the western store "Cutter Bill's" around Westheimer and 610 that Cauble owned. I remember when the bust happened because everyone in the cutting horse industry knew them. Cauble was a fast and loose operator. He bought a place up north of Gainesville, but I don't know what ever happened to it.

One time back in the eighties, I was working cattle on San Jose Island. We were driving cattle along the beach when one of the hands spotted something. We all took a look, and it was a big bale of maryjojuana. The ranch manager called the Coast Guard and the Sheriff's office and it was removed. The big joke was, "Wonder if it fell off of one of Rex's boats?"

Pablo

#7 ·
This is second hand info but the shrimp boats you see just left of the ferry as you come off the ferry is where they used to offload the stuff. That is what I have been told by some old time residents of Bolivar.

#10 ·
I understand

I understand that Cauble wound up getting the ranch back, it's on I-35 north of Denton.

he had plenty of "attorney funds" to help with the endless appeals.

We worked several of the Texas Mafia operatives and their connections in this area, including a prosecuter and his girlfriend.

These were not nice people, and they all deserved LONG prison terms!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.