2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
bottom line. i luv fishing
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone seen or heard from costal in a while? im trying to get a hold of him.

thanks

·
Most Non Funny
1,834 Posts
send him a txt message to his phone...

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
im still alive.

still in lahaina. everything slowed way down over here and the economy isnt helping. costa rica is sounding better and better. i sold my house back home to give myself some wiggle room. im still looking for a captain down there that needs a deckhand or knows someone who needs a captain.

tim

·
Registered
304 Posts
Tim you might contact Kelly at Deep Sea Headquarters in Port A. He runs an operation down there. John Brennum the capt on the Pelican runs a 31' Bertrum for Kelly during Jan, Feb, and March. Kelly might be able to give you some info and leads on job opportunities. His operation is out of Golfito.

We met one day when you had your boat sitting in the parking lot next to Port A Outfitters. I've been following your adventures for a while. Nate in Port A

·
Registered
11 Posts
Coastal,

If you are looking for a totally different fishing experience you may want to check out Alaska. There are a lot of lodges in the bush that focus on saltwater fishing. It's a completely new evniornement and type of fishing. The lodge I have been working at is in an old abandoned cannery. No roads, everything comes in by float-plane or barge. We have great fishing for king salmon (which is a really interesting nuanced fishery) , silver salmon , habilut, and rockfish. Great boats and incredible wild country. You get room and board at the lodge so you have a chance to walk away clean at the end of a 90 day season with 25-30k. There are lots of operations like this and they are always looking for captains. Craigslist and google have some listings and alaskajobfinder.com always seems to have a few. Just a thought. Good luck.

Matt

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Which has slowed, the women or the fish?
coastal said:
im still alive.

still in lahaina. everything slowed way down over here and the economy isnt helping. costa rica is sounding better and better. i sold my house back home to give myself some wiggle room. im still looking for a captain down there that needs a deckhand or knows someone who needs a captain.

tim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts