2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am headed down to Costa Rica on Friday of next week. Does anyone have any fishing suggestions/recomendations?

Is it worth packing a rod/reel for inshore fishing trips? I am definately going offshore for a marlin

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am going to be on the pacific side around Quepos, but we are going to rent a car so i will be driving around as well

·
Carl Clark's Army
324 Posts
Guanacaste

I Suggest, to do a Day trip to Nosara,,:cop:

Drive North to the New Bridge(Used to Be a Ferry) there
and Across to the Coast

Puerto Carrillo
Nosara,,,
You Could Find a Panga there to Fish the Break Waters
and Points.

Really Cool Place (Witches Rock) is a Famous Surf Spot
Coconut Harrys Surf Shop www.nosara.com
We Rented ATV's there and Drove all over,,

Have Fun

Pat

·
Registered
22 Posts
We went in 2008 and fished with Capt. Tom out of Los Suenos Marina just outside of Jaco http://www.captaintoms.com. It was well worth the trip. We averaged 5 sail fish a day and a large number of dolphin. Also if you rent a car pay the money for the GPS. It saved us several times. If you like the night life you should visit the beetle bar in Jaco.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
I Suggest, to do a Day trip to Nosara,,:cop:

Drive North to the New Bridge(Used to Be a Ferry) there
and Across to the Coast

Puerto Carrillo
Nosara,,,
You Could Find a Panga there to Fish the Break Waters
and Points.

Really Cool Place (Witches Rock) is a Famous Surf Spot
Coconut Harrys Surf Shop www.nosara.com
We Rented ATV's there and Drove all over,,

Have Fun

Pat
Shhh, that's a secret spot that only a few surfers and fishermen know about. Let's keep it our little secret.

·
Registered
15 Posts
this is the time of year to get a marlin in costa rica. me & my partner will be arriving in golfito ( just south of quepos/25 miles from panama) tomorrow 11/23.
we have 2 31' bertrams & lodging @ reasonable prices. we are fishing the next 3 weeks primarily for marlin. the dorado fishing (i am told) has been crazy the last month. check me out... www.fishgolfito.com ...capt john brennan

·
Twitch..Twitch--->Boom
5,311 Posts
Check out golfito it is souther pacific. Great place to fish. Surf Witches Rock every year and fish in the evening. My unle owns a dry dock there now and Aunt sold the marina and bought a small shop now. You will love it there. Have fun and for the night life if you have time TAMARINDO is ver cool

·
Banned
731 Posts
this is the time of year to get a marlin in costa rica. me & my partner will be arriving in golfito ( just south of quepos/25 miles from panama) tomorrow 11/23.
we have 2 31' bertrams & lodging @ reasonable prices. we are fishing the next 3 weeks primarily for marlin. the dorado fishing (i am told) has been crazy the last month. check me out... www.fishgolfito.com ...capt john brennan
Geez, bring the jigging rod. The 400g one!

·
Just Keep 25, 10M Cajuns Caint be Wrong!
714 Posts
Golfito

Headed to Golfito in Feb. cant wait!
Need a Blue and Black marlin to complete my slam.

·
Registered
10,635 Posts
tom, maybe he ment it will take the day to get there? probably a 5 hour drive..... it will be a beautiful drive but time consuming for sure.....

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
tom, maybe he ment it will take the day to get there? probably a 5 hour drive..... it will be a beautiful drive but time consuming for sure.....
If you're going to make the trip to Nosara, you should really stay there a night or two because it is a piece of work just getting there. There is even a scenic highlands route (dirt road) if you have 4WD or a Land Rover. But I think it's well worth it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am going to los suenos on 12/9 for 5 days. We have a 42 ft Maverick, The Bite, chartered. This should be a great time to fish for marlin. Their marlin tournament over 2 days ended saturday with 25 marlin caught on the 12 boats entered.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
If I am planning on the Golfito area, how far (in hours) is the drive from the airport to Golfito? Is it better to fly into Panama and drive North?

What are the nicer hotels in the Los Suenos area?

Howfar is the drive from airport to LS?

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Airport to Los Suenos is probably around two hours. My friend uses Club del Mar Hotel near Jaco. Supposed to be nice. I may stay there next time down. Off course, Marriott and condos at Los Suenos.

Have not been to Golfito.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts