2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Colossians 3
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled, shucked and silked 18 doz of silver queen corn tonight. Thats about a third of it.

Gonna be a busy weekend...

It will be good come Thanksgiving and Christmas.

September wont come quick enough for
I'm ready but its to hot and there ain't much being caught at Hatteras right now.

Gonna head to Texas next week with the wife. Its hot there, whew!

Hope everyone has a nice weekend :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Fishman it sounds like you are reaping your rewards of gardening. I know you will enjoy every bite of your homegrown bounty.

I keep checking my mater plants and yesterday I found a blossum on one of my five plants, there is hope yet....I think!

Expecting high in the mid 90's here for today and the next few days.

Have a great weekend.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Yep, I learned about hot days and fishing fall off when I was a little girl Fishman.

This was one of the hints that my Uncle Oscar included when he taught me all he thought I should know about fishing. "On hot days the fish stay deep, around the bottom. There's cooler water there. Heat rises and cold sinks. They stay away from the warm top...even if there's good bait up there." He also said that when the water cools the fish will feed at the top. I found that to be true, too. Of course we were fishing in lakes then.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I heard, you "Had all the money!":rolleyes:

I'll be working on it,As I have a finance dept. You know who heads that up.

;) And don't forget Sheila still has to pay that Yankee bet we made...........LOL

·
Registered
678 Posts
We're finally getting bllosims on our maters.... they are late this year.......Everybody is complaining. We are getting good yeilds on our zuchini and cucumbers though.

Some how our Gritz plants didn't come up. Maybe not enough water.........Whadda ya think
fishman??

·
Registered
678 Posts
Have to talk to my wife about that..............I am only in charge of "maters" and they are starting to get serious about growing........Blossims all over the place.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts